Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

[​IMG]

Meh ........ :prrr:

jimjo1031 and Frijolero like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Great movie.
    I really enjoyed the Muppet Show when it ran back in the 80s. The kids loved the Muppets, I loved the one liners that were over the kids heads.

4. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

fall-movies-he-poster-01.jpg

Intense thriller/survival film. We enjoyed it.

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm glad you liked it , but movies that the characters choose really bad actions then wonder they're in REALLY bad situation are not for me. I don't like leave a movie thinking why the blazes would someone be so stupid. Right up there with society making out someone is a hero for cutting his own arm off because he decided not tell anyone his itinerary before going rock climbing ..... if he's honest he'd say he was stupid. Sorry for the rant and please don't offense. I like a good movie, but a lot movies made today don't encourage using common sense or thinking ahead.

Just my opinion.

:eatdrink047:

jimjo1031 and gorgo2 like this.
  6. MoAllen

Well said -- I completely agree with your sentiments!

I was a bit apprehensive about this movie, but my wife makes movie choices based on reading lots of reviews, and she often surprises me with films that I wouldn't have picked, but that turn out to be thought-provoking. This film had some redeeming qualities: the brash YouTube star who organized the ill-advised climb turned out to be shallow and false. She admitted her failings to her friend during their ordeal, but she died a brutal death before the story was over. The reluctant, terrified friend who was pushed into the climb somehow found inner strength to hold on and survive.

Still... don't people who do things like this realize that they could die? This story was fiction, but inspired by stupid things done by real people.

jimjo1031 and Enrico like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Usually foreshadowed by the statement "hold my beer"

:happy097:

jimjo1031 and MoAllen like this.
  8. MoAllen

Greyhound_poster.jpeg

Great movie, very intense!

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

10. MoAllen

n45g7wLCJkKLtWhVOgBDIDgebz6_copy_600x900.jpg

This movie was cute, quirky, weird, heart warming, sad all at the same time. I think kids would like it especially since the main character is a kid (whatever kind of creature he is), but he has thoughtful conversations with real people, like Leslie Stahl, who interviewed him for 60 Minutes.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. MoAllen

p13867532_p_v8_af_copy_600x900.jpg

I think there is a film genre called "the Liam Neeson action movie" in which the main character is trying to live a peaceful life but evil people kidnap his family and threaten them unless he does something they want. Somehow he beats the bad guys at their own violent game and saves his family.

The formula works in this movie as in the others, and I was glued to the screen until the last. The bad guys met the end they deserved and his family was rescued. There must be something compelling about this kind of story that keeps us coming back for more.

12. Artlogon

Artlogon Well-Known Member

The Christmas Chronicles 2.

Another Xmas movie indeed, but was on Netflix and my 2 years old niece loves it, so we ALL watched it

There are a couple of singing bits and we all have to sing along as well.[​IMG]

Enviado desde mi M2006C3LG mediante Tapatalk

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

14. brit

brit in a box

15. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

White xmas on xmas eve twice. Its my favorite

Enrico likes this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Every Christmas Eve .......

[​IMG]

:sad024: I cry every year.

:santa

MoAllen likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This is my favorite version of "A Christmas Carol". (Second in line is "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol")

Enrico likes this.
  18. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Touching.

19. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

[​IMG]

We watch every year.

I cry every time. :sad024:

:)