Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Here's a few more from Chuck Heston....
    "The Ten Commandments"
    "Ben Hur"—probably my favorite movie of all time
    "Planet of the Apes"
    "The Omega Man"

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

@HolyRollah
    Thank you for the recommendations. I already watched 10 Commandments and Ben Hur. I will check for the other two, thanks.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

ZULU (1964). Never gets old.

markjnewcomb likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Don't forget THE NAKED JUNGLE. Heston's cold as ice for much of the film and pulls it off very well. Eleanor Parker is as wonderful as she is gorgeous, and William Conrad (if you're old enough to remember CANNON) is a treat for the time he's in it. The marabunta is cool, too, and you'll never look at a piano the same again.

BEN HUR, OMEGA MAN and this one are the three Heston flicks in my library at the moment. I'd probably add WILL PENNEY if I came across a copy...I think Heston said he considered it his best work. He is pretty good in it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Erik Redd and PatrickA51 like this.
  5. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

The Night of the Generals.

6. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Last night I watched "Gods and Generals", which is the prequel to "Gettysburg"

PatrickA51 likes this.
  7. PatrickA51

Last night I watched the movie "The Night of the Generals". It was a hard movie to follow I had to watch it for the third time.
    Right now I am watching "Doubt" it was on FXM last night so far I see they have destroyed the movie by editing it and adding commercials. :angry019:

Won't watch anything on FXM any more. :angry019:

8. PatrickA51

Was it worth watching? and what channel was it on?

9. markjnewcomb

Wally world special - $5.00 DVD

If you liked Gettysburg, it is very good. If you didn't like it, it will stink. Most of the actors are the same and it takes place before the war. There is a lot more dialogue and exploration of where duty and honor are owed.

10. PatrickA51

I really couldn't get into Gettysburg, almost as bad as the movie Lincoln.:(

11. markjnewcomb

Avoid Gods and Generals.

12. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

13. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Definitely see Planet of the Apes and Omega Man! I'm going to suggest Soylent Green too. Don't expect a Biblical connection in these.

14. fram773

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 11.32.35 AM.png

I recommend this movie. It is a scary movie kids can watch. Very atmospheric.

15. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

If it terrified Vincent then it must be one spooky movie.

16. fram773

[​IMG]

Another Charles Bronson movie. Once Upon a Time in the West (1968). Believe it or not this is the first western movie I see. I definitely recommend this one. A major peeve of mine is mindless predictable movies- I was pleasantly surprised that this one wasn't one of those movies.

Erik Redd likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Personally, I thought the book was better. :)

Erik Redd and HolyRollah like this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Watched "The Raid 2" - probably THE best/impressive fight scenes I've seen in any movie.
    The story was better (at least present..) in the original Raid movie but the fight scenes here are just...amazing.

[​IMG]

19. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I am a big fan of The Raid, mainly because of the outrageous fight scenes. I have been looking forward to the sequel, glad to hear positive things about it.

20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Take the fight scenes in The Raid...and multiply them by 10 and that's The Raid 2 :)