Lather Bowls

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dapper-in-a-can-man, Jan 3, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

cool bowl..

2. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I gave up using a shaving bowl because I think they are too small. I hate the handle of my brush banging on the side of the bowl. I also tend to make a lot of lather and with my last bowl it just climbs over the edge. I ordered and received a 5" singing bowl. This thing is big, heavy and awesome. I can finally make a lot of lather and the shape of the bowl keeps my lather from flowing over the edge. The do make them in smaller sizes, but I really wanted the big one. Now I like bowl lathering again.
    [​IMG]

3. Carson West

Carson West Well-Known Member

I second the scuttle suggestion. They keep the lather and brush warm for the duration of your shave.

4. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I like. Please provide a web link or retailer info. Thanks.

5. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

As I'm spending more time at home, I thought to use some of my items that sometimes skip for time, or ease of use, or..... (JUST not used alot).
    Today I used my dirty bird scuttle.
    I heated it up, and put a 1/2 inch (maybe less) stripe of Proraso blue, bombed with 3 drops of m-bomb.
    I used my Alpha 400/ silvertip, soaked and flicked dryish.
    I set the brush in the dirty bird while not in use. This made the second and third passes much warmer.
    The heated lather felt very nice.
    I used my Cadet tto14, and an Astra blade. My cadet shaves very nicely. It is rumored to be aggressive, but I like it.
    As a lather bowl, the Dirty Bird is a cadilac of a bowl, the shave was so nice, I'm gonna have to use it more often. 150_Opal_Rim_on_Black_Scuttle-1.jpeg
    Hope y'all did as well, or better.

7. Macbeth

Macbeth Active Member

I looked at all the singing bowls and was amazed! "I need one of those!"

But after a little while, the eager desire to have one , mired into sobering reality.
    Who am I kidding? Those things weigh a ton!

Guys in their 70s are not going to sit there and spin the stick.

Nope! Woke up this morning and had a cup of coffee. I spun my finger around the bowl and it made a sound.

I feel much better now, so I ordered a tin of Grooming Department MELODY soap.

Definitely I'll use that!

Frijolero and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  8. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Singing Bowls? Now we can get bowls that sing to us? Do I have to plug it in or does it have battery's? I'm too old for these new fangled gadgets lol

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  9. Macbeth

Macbeth Active Member

Today my CAPTAINS CHOICE HEAVY COPPER BOWL came today and I used it tonight.
    It's everything I thought it should be! I'm very happy with my (and the Captain's) choice!!

brit and Enrico like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very cool,glad you like it..:)