Lathering the Geo F. Trumpers Coconut Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Norseman, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Alrighty then...

For those of you lucky enough to follow the Haul thread might have noticed a small disagreement between myself and another dude.
    We where talking about lathering the Trumper soap and the difficulties some people have with lathering this bad boy.
    I voiced my opinion about my experience and that it lathered just fine for me. Not great, but good enough for a decent shave. Since it had been a while I said I would give it a test and see how it went and report back.

Well, I made a video. A really crappy video, but a video nonetheless. Truth be told, I am uncertain if it will actually show anything besides my hand doing some swirling motion, but I'll let you be the judge of that...

You asked for it :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    R-C, Erik Redd, Omelmad and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Omelmad may be a swede, but he's an okay guy. He's got a printer with an email address and it prints out everything sent to that email address. Not that he'll give out that email address to anybody.

J.F. Martin and Omelmad like this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hahaha well thank you =) there you go, your water is better than mine =P

Did you pre soak the sop it anything? =)

4. Omelmad

Hahaha you know I cant give out that printer email address on here =P

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    J.F. Martin and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  5. Norseman

I always knew. But no soaking, but it was my second attempt. The first one went so badly that I replaced the puck with something from DR Harris :)

Erik Redd and Omelmad like this.
  6. Norseman

I'd love to get my hand on that address, I would print out Norwegian flags all day long :)

Omelmad likes this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

This thread has been cleaned up. Please keep it friendly.

8. Omelmad

I wasn't competing with the water. I was just messing with you. I do trust that Norway was cleaner water. Richer country=better/newer technique =)

9. Omelmad

Sorry, I won't be giving it out haha

Norseman likes this.
  10. Norseman

I know, I was just messing back. :)
    When it comes to the water, I am not convinced that it is all that much cleaner. Yes, Norway has money in the bank, but public spending is seldom invested in the right places. Just look at our road system. We probably have the worst roads in the western world.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the water cleaning system gizmos are just as outdated. For instance, I didn't drink much water before my early twenties, and it was the same time my hairline started receding.
    Coincidence, I think not :)

R-C likes this.
  11. Omelmad

You think water makes you lose your hair or the lack or drinking water? ... I like my hair =(

12. Norseman

I was implying, that drinking water made me lose my hair. But between you and me, it probably is a trait passed down from my father :)
    I like my hair too. I still have lots of it, just not as thick as it used to be, or as long. But my grunge days are way past me.

R-C and Omelmad like this.
  13. Omelmad

My hair is getting a bit thinner too =(

Norseman likes this.
  14. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Norseman likes this.
  15. Omelmad

Interesting =)

16. J.F. Martin

J.F. Martin Active Member

we need to find that email

Omelmad likes this.
  17. Omelmad

Hahaha

18. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Omar, it's a uh.. Life or death situation, yeah, we'll go with that. I need that email or members of our beloved forum will spontaneously explode. First, it will start with uh...... .... @Shaverman.. Yeah... You'll be finding pieces of him in Sweden. Then, @RaZorBurn123. Lord, he'll go up like Mt. St. Helens. :( sure will be a shame. He'll leave a crater the size of New York. Then, @richgem. Omar, this one is critical. If it made it to him, the entire penguin population will go with him. Next would be @HolyRollah. We can't lose him either. We wouldn't have anyone to tell me how to make delicious sausages and other delicious foods he seems to always make. Granted, first I have to man up and learn to cook, but all in good time. See, Omar, we can't have this happen, and you can stop it... Yep... Mhm... Be a hero Omar. You're Denian brothers are trusting you. :D :D :D :D :D

19. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I don't want to explode. :(

20. Omelmad

I hope no one explodes =O

Bristle Me and Mr. Shaverman like this.