Leaving a blade in your razor...?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by btbill, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

When my children were young I did take the blades out of my razors and put them in a safe place, 0ther than that the razor has always been cleaned dried and blade put back and ready for the next mornings shave.

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I will remove my razor blade and and pat dry on my towel and then place it on a magnetic fridge business card and proceed to rinse my razor and also dry with towel and leave razor lose to dry in the open air. I sometimes change razors in my rotation and like to use the same blade usually and by drying the blade you do prolong the life of the blade IMO regardless if it is stainless. The stainless they use in almost all razor blades is magnetic so the properties more than likely are Ferritic steels of high chromium and lower carbon which over time make a oxides to seal the blade from rusting. Water is the enemy of most steels regardless.

Orville likes this.
  3. Lord Gillette

Lord Gillette Active Member

I leave it in there all the time. No issues at all. :D:D

4. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

Yes, I leave it inside the razor head but I always clean the razor at the end of each shave so it waits for me cleaned for the next shave.

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

All stainless blades get rinsed clean with hot water and put back in the razor. Carbon blades same treatment but patted dry along with the razor before putting them back in.

Terry likes this.
  6. ajc347

ajc347 Well-Known Member

I always rinse, dry and store my blades back inter wrapper prior to the next shave. This enables me to not only change blades and/or razors between shaves but also avoids some of the rust problems I've seen on stainless razors in the past.