Lectric Shave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by gorgo2, Mar 5, 2019.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

This stuff has a boozy blast of alcohol up front (it dissipates quickly), but has two things in its favor...or maybe three. First, the piney scent is nice. Second, that scent does not last long; something many of you might favor. Third, it has some moisturizing element in it that smooths and softens skin extremely well without being particular sticky, greasy or anything uncomfortable as long as you don't overdo it.

I keep a Dopp at work and shaved first thing this morning upon arriving. When I was bored at lunch, I dropped into the LS a few thin strips sliced from fresh tangerine peel. After shaking and about an hour of soaking, the pine was knocked down some and had blended with the citrus to make a subtler but really nice and clean scent.

It's worth a shot for the four or so bucks it costs now. You might like it.

2. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I think I used to use this as a preshave when I used and electric razor.

brit likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

i checked it out the other day at the london drugs, not bad..but bought the nivea deep instead..

CrustyCat likes this.
  4. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

umm I hate to tell you this but that is a pre-electric shave meant to stiffen and make the hair stand up away from the face to make easyer to cut it's meant for dry shaving it's not an after shave oh and that moisturizing element your talking about is like shave oil that help the dry shaver glade over the skin but if you like for a after shave go for it.

5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I use it as an Aftershave for Menthol Monday if I use Modern Williams.

6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

What you just described is an aftershave with glycerine/oils in it. With a dry shave you want the hairs to stand up by tightening the skin to be mowed down by the whirling blades. In an aftershave you want the skin to tighten up after the shave to "close" the pores. Any aftershave with glycerine/oil can be used as an Electric preshave, and any electric preshave can be used as an aftershave.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I have been so deceived. I will stop using it immediately.

Ijustmissedthe50s and BigD like this.