Lets see them brushes.......

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Some more great collections :D, nice job fellas :cool:

2. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Keeping the brush frenzy going :D (not pictured is Trumper Travel Brush. Now, where is that brush?)

Attached Files:

3. xChris

xChris Member

Nice collection! :happy088

I really like the looks of the Simpson Emperor 3; it is on my list to get one day.

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great collection Bob!! :D

I like you D3 and E3 too :)

5. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

It's a great brush. I bought it when I realized Neale was not going to sell me his. :D

I had to buy the Chubby too when I realized you were enjoying yours so much. ;)

Great thread btw. Now if you could only persuade Peter...

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

LOL, now I am going to have to get a Emperor 3, because yours looks soo nice :D

Peter will hopefully give in :D

Kinda neat to be able to see a lot of different brushes and see how they size up to others.

7. MD11

MD11 New Member

My humble collection...

(Left to Right)
    R.A. Rooney Style 1 "Finest", EM's Place Horn/Silver Tip, Simpson "Chubby" 3 "Super"

[​IMG]

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

[vbpg]1296[/vbpg]

Time for the mod to show his humble brush collection, I guess. ;)
    Truefitt & Hill pure badger, Col. Conk boar, Taylor of Old Bond Street p373 mini pure badger, Kent BK4, Vulfix #2234, Crabtree & Evelyn bbb, and B&B 2006 Finest face mop.

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great collections gents :drool :drool :drool :D

10. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Here's my meager collection; C&E BBB, Kent BLK4, Rooney Heritage 2 Stubby. The Kent went to it's new home yesterday :(
    [​IMG]

Steve

11. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

A week ago I had 16 brushes I could have shown, including three Simpsons — a Beaufort 6 in pure, a Duke 2 and a Duke 3 in best. Today I have four brushes as I continue my addiction recovery and work my way down to one razor, one brush, one soap, etc.

[​IMG]

L to R: Ever-Ready, Macy's, Century, no name.

My remaining brushes are all vintage but I bought two new-in-the-box, the Macy's in finest badger and the Ever-Ready in pure. I chose these four to keep over some far more expensive brushes. The Ever-Ready is the softest brush I've ever had bar none. Using it I can't feel the bristles but only the hot lather going on. The Macy's is much like my two Dukes but smaller. The Century (in pure) I kept because the lady who sold it to me said her father used it daily for fifty years. Since I've had it it's never lost a hair. The no name brush is probably my favorite. It's almost identical to the feel of my Dukes and it's boar. The Macy's is 1984 but the other three are well over 60 years old. If I'm going to use an old razor then I'm going to use a brush of about the same age.

Richard

12. xChris

xChris Member

An interesting collection, much more so with the history and explantion that you provided about each of the brushes. :signs107

13. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Here they are. I'm not drP, but I like my little collection :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sweet brushes Steve and Richard!! :D

Wow Mike!! Your collection is getting huge :cool:

Very nice fellas, thanks for sharing the great photos! :drool :drool :drool :D

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Well there it is..........

Mike looks up to Dr P and I look up to Mike

Ill get there eventually

16. drP

drP Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Mike, you're a true disciple...:D really a nice "bunch" of brushes you got there...there are even some which i don't have: the Shavemasters from Charles Roberts...but then again: if i would be livin' in Austin....

17. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Awesome history! It's easy to tell you're not a "form over function" type of guy. It's cool that you have a personal meaning to each of your brushes. :happy088

18. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I see you're a Harvard man, Mike. :D

19. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

This one's for Ken, but of course, the rest of you can look too. :) BLK4 (unused) on left. BLK2 on right.

Attached Files:

20. Padron

Padron Active Member

Those Kents sure look nice :D....they almost look identical with the BLK4 in it's pre-bloom state....

One of these days I will have to pull the trigger on one.