Let's see your collection...

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Primotenore, Feb 28, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very true. I agree it is nice looking!

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I spread razors out and got a few pics. I had to over lap some to be sure I got them all. This is most of mine. I have 10 more in a pipe rack on the bathroom sink, including my 3 lather catchers, a 1915 kampfe bro/star. my favorite 1912, a Schick E2 ad G a Gem 1924 and contour.

FullSizeRender(6).jpg
    FullSizeRender(7).jpg FullSizeRender(9).jpg FullSizeRender(10).jpg FullSizeRender(8).jpg

Attached Files:

theFAT98, Rufus T., Keithmax and 9 others like this.
  3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I don't know if I should feel better, or worse. :p

I didn't even take photos of the Aristocrat, Milord, etc.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You got the nice stuff LOL. I got stuff I picked up over the last 10 years or so. mostly shaver grade.

RyX likes this.
  5. Bookworm

Shaver grade is really all I've aimed for. If I can't use it, I shouldn't have it.

Once I get this last batch of stuff cleaned up, and then polish everything, I'll lay it all out and figure out what I'm keeping, giving away, and selling, and photograph it that way. I mean, really - who needs four slim adjustables, seven 50's SuperSpeeds, 6 40's SuperSpeeds, and so forth. I only have one face :)

RyX likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have said that before... it rarely works for me LOL. I have stated elsewhere I like stuff I can shave with. If it is too nice I feel bad about breaking it in. I look forward to seeing the pics when you get them up.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Again the pictures suck sorry.

DSCF0144 (2).JPG DSCF0145 (2).JPG

theFAT98, Rufus T., brit and 5 others like this.
  8. Bookworm

Have you considered putting a light bungee cord across the front of those shelves? Especially the top, which looks ready to leap at any time?

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is actually stable. I can anchor it to the wall if need be. Not going anywhere unless BR gets an earth quake.

RyX likes this.
  10. Bookworm

Not worried about the rack itself - just the stuff sitting on it. I have that same rack in the bathroom, and the slightest touch makes it shiver a bit. A thin elastic cord at the front would make sure nothing hops off.

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Gotcha.. I will look into that.. Thanks!!!

12. Bookworm

@wchnu - looking at your collection photos, I think we're probably about even on the number of 'things' we shouldn't have. Sorry - that we've collected.

13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

14. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

15. Bookworm

16. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have a lot of my items pictured in the medicine cabinet forum, but after looking at these pics, I can tell I need to step up my game with the storage options!

17. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I use a pipe rack very similar to this. It is quite handy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

18. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Fuzzy my friend, you've got it bad, but in a good way. There was an article in the NY Post yesterday about women and their beauty aid spending in NYC One woman goes thru about a grand a month. We're fine.

brit and mrchick like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yes. Collected. That is the word. It is important to have the correct label.

I love that one. I think I gave $10 at a junk store.

Yessss we are brother. No worries at all.

SharptoothC likes this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My wife is over $500 monthly in rural CO! I like it though, she feels good and looks good...and makes my $90 guitar effect pedals not seem so ridiculous.

Happy wife, happy life.

Happy redhead, even better than that!

Keithmax, AGHisBBS, ob1page and 3 others like this.