Let's see your Gig Rig

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

It's good to see all these well polished guitars. How do you people feel about Dunlop 65?..

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

B8DB0BF3-7469-42DB-B533-C6D084869FE8.jpeg
    Here is the shofar I played on Rosh Hashanah, at services.

Bird Lives, Spyder, richgem and 8 others like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice!

Spyder and Sara-s like this.
  4. swarden43

Spyder, Bird Lives and Jim99 like this.
  5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

That's the best one I've seen shofar.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Spyder, richgem, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  6. SharptoothC

Most of the family, minus pedalboard and effects.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Spyder, wristwatchb, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  7. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

@SharptoothC I really dig that Japanese Kent violin bass! Is it 1960's?

Spyder likes this.
  8. AGHisBBS

DR Heartfield 4 and 5 strings G&L L2000, L2500, L1005. Some of the collection that's come out to play.
    DSCN0899.JPG

Spyder, wristwatchb, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  9. SharptoothC

Thank you sir. It's my favorite at the moment. I was told 60's. It's got a lot of mojo.

I'm envying your G&L's. I had a 5500 back in the day. I loved that bass. I had to sell it when my daughter needed surgery. One day I'll have another or a 2500. They are sweet basses.

10. SharptoothC

I was gifted this guitar today:
    [​IMG]

Spyder, AGHisBBS, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

very cool you've learned that. It's living history. How does one play the shofar? Are notes formed similarly to a bugle, using the lips?

Spyder, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

From the boom room...

Last night was a funk mood. So, I set it up like this.... Envelope filter out in front of an ~80msec delay/half wet signal. Was working on the classic bass line from "Billie Jean", a good rhythm exercise on a simple line.

[​IMG]

Tonight, more bluesy....

Just a touch of distortion out in front of the minimal analog delay, to recreate the warmth of tube and slap back echo. Sounds pretty good!

[​IMG]

@AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS, swarden43 and wristwatchb like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yes, exactly. I got some help from @Bird Lives in order to learn to play it.

Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.
  14. AGHisBBS

Great to see that you're playing! A bit jealous here, I've totally missed the boat on effects.

15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

@Sara-s just likes to blow her own horn. ;)

AGHisBBS, Sara-s and SharptoothC like this.
  16. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Don't gig anymore but do get together with a few other geezers from time to time, rent some studio space and relive the late 60's (rock) and the mid 50's (Chicago Blues). I play harp too.

1996 Epiphone Riviera. Gift from my wife, Christmas 1996. Great for blues and jazz. Full size humbuckers.
    1966 Gibson SG Junior. Bought this axe while in high school in 1966. Single P90 that roars. Took off the whammy bar tailpiece and replaced with a Leo Quan Badass bridge. Installed Grover tuners in 1971. Kept all the original stuff.
    Second pic is of my band in 1967 at a jazz/rock festival my senior year. (we came in 2nd) That's me all the way on the right with the SG Jr. My amp was aVox Berkley II.

1979 Fender Twin Reverb silverface. 135 watts of uber-clean headroom. Tweeked some years ago by George Alessandro. Very reliable.
    1999 Vox Pathfinder practice amp. 15 watt solid state, 8" speaker, headphone jack.
    1980's Peavey Classic 20. Given to me as payment for a loan. It's OK but kind of tinny to my ears seeing how its a tube amp.

Only two pedals, both 70's era. (and like a moron, I painted them and screwed them to a piece of wood.) They still work great though
    Electro-Harmonix Big Muff pi - distortion
    MuTron Phasor II - lesley effect

Hide-a-way2.JPG IMG_0001.jpg

17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I is right here stache-man.....This is the same 'Axe' as the one in my profile pix....the horn that made an honest man out of me several decades ago....before that, the longest I could stay with a horn was maybe 3 years max...some years I change every few months...But this one was a game changer....

This is a Martin Commitee.....with a Greg Black mouthpiece...my personal model....

image.jpg

18. swarden43

Very cool!
    I've always loved the brass - Herb Albert, Chicago... blow that horn! :bounce015:

SharptoothC likes this.
  19. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

That a beauty!

Sara-s likes this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Customs vary at different temples. At ours, anyone who has a shofar and wants to come up is welcome to. The final “note” is one long blast, played until you run out of breath. With several shofar players, it’s kind of fun to see who holds out the longest. I am proud to say, this year, it was me.

AGHisBBS, Bird Lives and swarden43 like this.