Life hacks, repurposed items, upcycling, etc

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Oct 7, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

i use mine for edt samples..

gorgo2 and Sara-s like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Now for a very girlie repurpose. I have recently taken up machine sewing. (I use a small, portable machine.) I needed something to store the power cord & foot pedal. They came in a small, thin cardboard box, which won't last. So I took a small satin evening purse (a pretty gift, but frankly so small I can't put anything useful in it), cut off the strap & put a couple of snaps on it.

Though it's too small for my wallet, phone & reading glasses-the bare minimum that I need to carry- it was just the right size for my sewing machine plug & pedal.

AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've done something similar ... I picked up a few Swiss gas mask bags to connect to the outside of our USMC ruck sack (tactical one-day assault pack) for flying international (to hold passport, ear buds and etc.). My wife also uses them as a hiking purse; so as to not damage her nicer one in the woods.

DSCN49051_2.JPG

AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and Sara-s like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Some small plastic restaurant side containers have very nice textures inside that would serve well as shave bowls, plus they have lids. Boston Market has good ones.

brit likes this.
  5. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

While I scored a piggy bank I loved for a blade bank, the idea of ever tossing it has kept me from putting it into service, then inspiration struck in something I'd have no concern about disposing of or its safety compared to commercially available blade banks, the one quart home improvement store wonder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. brit

brit in a box

very cool,long time filling that up..and can be decorated /painted/stickered. to ones taste..

Nicked likes this.