L'il help. Razorock Wunderbar

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by dvdhviid, May 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

If I shave two days in a row it feels so harsh. I try for a light touch. Although I have a few razors, if one can't be used as a daily driver I don't keep it.
    If I can't get a comfortable shave and still enjoy the shave, I'll put this bad boy up for sale. The problem is moreso my head and neck than my face.
    Any tips appreicated.

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Try a milder razor.
    I’m reasonably sure that’s why they evolved into.
    It was only later (as the wet shave hobbyist) became a thing, that the aggressiveness of razors started to be looked at as a good thing.
    I’m thinking as an industry, the manufactures strived to make their products milder. I’m assuming to promote comfort in the daily shave.

dvdhviid likes this.
  3. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Welcome from West Tennessee...

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

dvdhviid likes this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Oh,
    And hello and welcome

dvdhviid likes this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The Wunderbar is a beast, but I love the way it works. I use absolutely no pressure. Basically just drag the razor along and guide it while letting the weight of the razor do its thing. I will admit to being a fan of aggressive razors but that took a lot of practice on technique to get to the point where I prefer them. As with any razor, it's about pressure (in this case NONE) and angle. Ride the cap with the Wunderbar while letting its weight work for you and you may find after you get good at that you have a razor that you love.

efsk and dvdhviid like this.
  6. dvdhviid

The first step, replace heavy SS handle with their lighter Titanium (ordered). Top of the head gets full gravity or I have to hold it off!
    Step two, if not resolved .... either reserve for 1 pass shaves or out the door.
    I want to like this, it does go to the rubber feeling BBS smooth but I can get that with most razors, with more passes but less caution required.

As mentioned above, by David of Florida above, at first I moved towards efficient, at the cost of an aggressive feel but now I still want efficient but blended with comfortable for daily shaves.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  7. dvdhviid

I just found the post "the 30 day rule".
    I'll try this Wunderbar every day for 30 days, or until mastery, or death(more likley)
    "Riding the Cap" for most part, a lighter handle (tatanium halo, 1/2 of weight) , and sharper (and more $$$) blades seems to have solved most of the issue. Thanks NCoxSTL

Is there a glossary of terms and abbreviations anywhere on the forum?
    ... found one

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    NCoxSTL and brit like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I love it when they fall into our trap so willingly and innocently. :eatdrink047:Actually, you'll find a great group of guys who will do anything to help you master technique. And make you laugh a lot too! Glad you found us!!

dvdhviid likes this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    When you've done your 30 days, put it aside for about 5 years. Your mastery of the shaving art should let you get enjoyable shaves. If not, set it aside for another 5 years. If you can't get a good shave after 10 years experience, then sell it. By then, there's a good chance it will be a collector's item anyways.

dvdhviid likes this.
  11. efsk

efsk Active Member

Ride the cap, hold it a bit higher up the handle. Just a light touch and don't treat it any different from any other razor.
    Also: act like me: shave every other day at most ;-)

dvdhviid likes this.