List your shaving related New Year resolutions for 2019 (if any)

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by McGrande, Dec 31, 2018.

1. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

For me...

1). I will reduce the number of aftershave splashes in my den from over 15 to 3 or 4 favorites that I can source locally. Call me easy to please, but I enjoy Mennen Skin Bracer, Pinaud Clubman, Aqua Velva Musk & Ice Blue. I'll use up any that have to be ordered on line with very liberal splashes over time.

2). As I do now anyway, change blades every Saturday and rotate through 2 razors with the 5 main blade brands that work well with each razor. Works out to 35 shaves in a row with razor 1 and then 35 shaves with razor 2. The twist this year is instead of using a different cream or soap, brush and aftershave every day or so, I'll pick one soap or cream, one brush and one aftershave for Sunday through Saturday's shave. (I actually started this week!)

2. brit

brit in a box

NB-19..
    less stress , more fun.

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I want to continue soap reduction. I bought more tubs than I should have even though I've finished off several samples and tubs over the year. I'd like to finish up some others and identify some that can be PIFed or sold.

No desire for more razors or brushes or blades. Have plenty of aftershaves as well, so I need to use and PIF or sell my software overage.

4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

2019 will be a year of reduction for me. Its taken a couple years to come to terms with the various AD’s, now I just have to begin the reduction process In ernest.

5. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

2019 will be the year that I become a Wet Shaver. So far, without having my first Wet Shave, I have acquired two new razors, 4 used razors, two synthetic brushes, three new shaving creams and three aftershaves. All have been based on what I have been reading on this forum, a shaving thread on another forum and in general, online. I believe, that I now have enough, of everything needed, to make my adventure begin and it will, this coming Sunday!

6. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

2019 will be the year of expanding my collection!

7. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Why don't you pop over and join us in the January 30 Day Rule/Focus thread in the Shave School section? We concentrate there on learning and improving our shave techniques while having fun along the way. Always happy to have new people join us! Give us 30 days and you'll be shaving like a champ.

8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I resolve to continue to support the wetshaving community vendors by purchasing and consuming their products even if it means buying more than I can use.

I further resolve to continue to support the community of antique and thrift store owners by shopping for vintage shaving gear in their establishments.

Finally, I resolve to continue to support The Shave Den by participating in discussions, purchasing raffle tickets, and provided items for both prizes and PIFs.

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm using up the soaps, creams, and aftershaves that I have and working toward five or so soaps/creams and five or so aftershaves. I get more pleasure out of having a few products that I really enjoy using rather than having a gabillion containers of stuff that sits around and gets used infrequently. I'm currently working through a container of Soap Commander Love and should finish it in about a month. This is what I used up in 2018:

1/26/18 C.O. Bigelow
    January honorary mention - ate a fruitcake. Harder to use up than a soap.
    4/5/18 Castle Forbes Lavender
    6/14/18 Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food sample
    7/1/18 Mike’s Natural Soaps Unscented
    11/4/18 Trumper Coral Skin Food
    11/4/18 Le Père Lucien Unscented
    11/16/18 Hendrix Classics & Co. sample

My razor collection varies. I've given away a few that see little use and have a fairly stable collection right now. Occasionally I run across a new razor that interests me. I have a lifetime supply of blades, but I still go nuts occasionally and buy more. I'm a proud member of WB'19 - If I wanna buy it, I'm gonna get it! ;)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    AGHisBBS, Frijolero and brit like this.
  10. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I am a relatively new traditional straight shaver. I own 2 Dovos and 1 Ralf Aust. Sometime this year, I will have to hone them so I will eventually get a Norton 4K/8K combo to do it for the very first time.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and brit like this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :happy096:

12. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

2019 is going to be the year that I find the daily driver. Any razor can do well on a 2 or 3 day growth. It's the 24 hour growth that tells you wether or not you have the skill to get it done with that equipment.

I also have planned to buy a few more SE razors. A certain member here and I will work out a deal, and those will be all the SE that I will need.
    I also want to use as many more cups as possible just to mess with Fuzzy.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  13. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Soap reduction and upgrades.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'd say for 2019 my razor are right where I'm happy with them. My soap and blade supply is more than adequate for the year (~300 blades, 3 pucks and 2 cans of Barbasol). My Aftershave is my weakness and enjoy vintage. I'm currently working clear up some of my stockpile of 15 to 20 brushes to restore.

This all said I'll be working on using my soap, blade and aftershave stocks and making room in my brushes.

15. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I wouldn't say your last sentence in a gym locker room. Lol!

Frijolero likes this.
  16. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Fair enough, it's actually an inside joke from across the street.

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.