L'Occitane Plisson synthetic brush is back-- and it's only $30!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Chuck F, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Momsen brukar vara inräknad i Sverige. But i wouldnt buy 2 if I was gonna buy them from the US. Only in Sweden=P

2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Translation: Tax is normally included in Sweden. But, I wouldn't buy 2 if I was going to buy from the U.S. Only in Sweden =P

4. Omelmad

Sometimes we get carried away =P

tuxxdk likes this.
  5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I thought I was being so clever. I noticed L'Occitane had websites all over the world. So I went through each one to see who had in stock and who was the cheapest. The major European countries sold them for €29, but they were all gone. I finally find one in stock and cheap!!!!! But they don't take any orders outside of Croatia.:mad:
    What a waste of time.

6. Omelmad

There is a brush that is close to the Plisson. Maybe try hat one?=P

7. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

just got four of them

Darkbulb and Chuck F like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Lol great.

Yeah seems like they are back in stock online

9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

are they good brushes or are y'all buying them because the price seems right?
    sounds like McRib tactics to me, let's discontinue an item, bring it back, put it on sale, then back to the shelf as normal.
    for those who have one already;
    is this a really good brush?

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Not sure why you would think it's a tactic.
    Also, there's quite a few reviews on YouTube and shaving forums that describes the brush well - its strengths and weaknesses.

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I think both play into the purchasing decision.

12. david of central florida

it just seemed odd to me that they were here for sixty, discontinued, re- stocked at a fraction of the original price.
    I'm just asking of those who bought, if they feel like they were of the same quality as the original ones?
    or did they decrease the quality to be selling them cheaper.
    or do they just want to blow out the stock they have to discontinue again?
    just asking?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  13. david of central florida

oh and by the way,
    y'all are the only shaving forum I read.
    what y'all can't tell me,I won't need to know.

maltedmilk likes this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

..aaand it's out of stock again. Maybe they found a box in a corner lol

BigMark likes this.
  15. Omelmad

I have a Plisson. Bought in Sweden by my girlfriend for about 65 dollars.

I really love it. It feels luxurious on the face and creates lather pretty easy. The only soap it has failed me once, that's with MWF =P the tips are very soft and it has OK backbone. Not very much, but for ME that has not been an issue and I don't think it will.

I haven't owned a lot of synthetics, only this and the body shop synthetic. And they are VERY different, both in price and softness and backbone.

Maybe it's a trick to sell. But if I found the brushes that cheap here in Sweden I would have bought 1 or 2, that way I would know I'll have a very good synthetic in the den for many years to come. I know there is other synthetics that might be better, but then it would be a matter of price. 30$ is pretty cheap, especially when my girlfriend payed 65 $ =)

16. Slow Joe

Need some help from an American Member

So my wife wanted to but me one of these brushes but I pointed out that they only deliver to American addresses. So if they sell any more brushes for $30 is there anyone who could buy one for me and send it to Denmark, and I would immeadiately send over the money over via paypal.

tuxxdk likes this.
  17. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Yeah I'd gladly do the same if someone would send me one as well :)

Slow Joe likes this.
  18. Omelmad

Maybe the same person could sent 2 to one of you and then that person sends 1 of the 2 to the other. It would get cheaper =) that way you share the shipping fee from USA-DK

tuxxdk and Slow Joe like this.
  19. Sean Coughlin

Sean Coughlin Well-Known Member

Went to a brick & mortar L'Occitane store today & picked up their last brush in stock. Feels great - can't wait to take it for a test spin tomorrow. For anyone who hasn't tried their shaving soap, it's really nice & one of the cheapest things available in the store at $12

20. Slow Joe

They seem to be back in stock on the website. If someone could help me get on that would be great. I could send money now.