L'Occitane Plisson synthetic brush is back-- and it's only $30!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Chuck F, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Technium

Technium Active Member

Does anyone have the measurements for this brush? If not, those of you that have it, would you call it L, M or S?

2. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Just got one from the Swedish site!!!!!!:) :) :)

Radiotube and Chuck F like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sweet! Did the code work on it?

4. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

My Plisson was delivered in time for my shave today. It's a very soft brush with less backbone than I'm used to. Testing them dry, the tips are almost, almost, but not quite as soft as my Muhle Black Fibre v2. But the Plisson has so much less backbone, in use it effectively feels like a softer brush. This brush has none of the characteristic synthetic springiness, and it splays pretty easily and naturally. My first thought was that I prefer more backbone, but it loads fine and it's dense enough that it didn't collapse or flop over while I was face lathering. Holds more water than I expected, but releases it kind of all-at-once. That will take some getting used to. Flow-through is very easy. Very promising first use.

@Technium I don't have official measurements but eyeballing it next to other brushes in my den I'd say it's a 22mm knot with about 54mm loft.

Technium likes this.
  5. Technium

Technium Active Member

Thanks Chuck. I appreciate the eyeballing.

6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

For how much?

7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

L'Occitane Cade is truly one of the finer soaps I've used. I have one currently in use; and two pucks in storage. If you wish to have the aluminum container, that'll cost a few pennies more.
    [​IMG]

Omelmad likes this.
  8. Slow Joe

429Dkr but if I had been smart I would have posted it to you, and asked you to post it to me, and pay you the postage of course. They charged 100kr for postage from Sweden to Denmark. I just paid about 35kr in postage for my Whipped dog brush from America, so I think 100Dkr seems a bit much. Still it is cheaper than other countries. It is 65 pounds in the UK. It is strange how the price for these brushes regardless of postage differs so much from country to country.

9. Omelmad

Thats a bit much. But you will really like the brush believe me =)

Or I could have went to the store and picked it out for 425SEK, and posted it. But yours might have been insured. Thats Why its 100kr

10. Slow Joe

Thanks for your willingness to help me get one of these brushes. Can't use the brush until December 25th.

Omelmad likes this.
  11. Omelmad

Christmas gift? =)

12. Slow Joe

Yes. A lovely Christmas gift from the wife

Radiotube, tuxxdk and Omelmad like this.
  13. deoxy4

deoxy4 Member

Back in stock for $30.

Omaney likes this.
  14. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Thanks! Snapped one up. I've been reading too many positive posts about this brush.

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I doubt you'll be disappointed.
    I'm almost sad to 'admit' that the L'Occitane Plisson has become my favorite shaving brush at this point as it often beats even my SOC Boar for face lathering.
    It really is a rather incredible little brush.

Slow Joe and Omelmad like this.
  16. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Hey, funny story. Double tapped on the PayPal button and now I am getting two of these. Drat and spit. I guess I'll have to prey upon those with BAD when these disappear again.

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha

Darkbulb likes this.
  17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Save it and sell it for $60 in six months :)

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

To a fellow TSD member?
    :rolleyes005:

Omelmad and BigMark like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Of course not. On some OTHER forum :)

Slow Joe and Omelmad like this.
  20. Omelmad

Haha! Maybe start a bidding war on eBay once it's REALLY discontinued.

Slow Joe likes this.