looking for a badger knot, which one to buy

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 20, 2016.

1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have about 7-8 badger knots from China that I am quite happy with however I have the need for four more and was thinking of a TGN from Golden Nib or a Whipped dog. I would like to hear from folks that have input on either or both of these knots

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have used both TGN and Whipped Dog knots in restorations. In my experience, I prefer TGN for several reasons. First the extensive number of choices in the grades of badger knots allowing you to better match the knot to your preferences. I have also found the consistency of the TGN knots to be superior as well.

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

if you go with whipped dog, the silvertip is denser than the one called high mountain white. I find it to be the better of the two.
    I also like the Ace black badger, it's been a very nice knot. that's where I'm going with my next restore. and you can buy them in bulk as opposed to one at a time.

4. ElectroMike

ElectroMike Active Member

The previous knots from China which you've used, do you recall the seller names? (I assume you went thru fleabay)

Reason I ask is b/c I also used some fleabay Chinese knots and may be able to give you a compression to the WD and TGN.

5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Whipped Dog