Looking for a Lime Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by chrisf8657, Jul 14, 2015.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I understand your point, but At the same time, Chaucer would probably think "What have you done to my beautiful language" if he were to read Shakespeare. It would be interesting to see how people write in a hundred years from now. Probably all acronyms. Lol

GDCarrington and Darkbulb like this.
  2. bigjustin

bigjustin Member

Cant go wrong with clubman lime sec. For under 10 bux a bottle you can splash it on every hour and you will be all smiles... ..

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Correct, lime does not hold on long, but it one of my favorite scents.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  4. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I just received some TSD Lime AS to go with my Stirling MITA. I'll just assume it's gonna be a great combo. Plus the option to add a drop of TSD M-Bomb to each should take it to another level!

5. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I like CC Lime followed by my favourite citrusy EDT.

6. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

West-Indian-Lime-Cologne-Mood-Visual-Copy.jpg Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime cologne....long lasting. Mix with a little witch hazel, if you prefer it close to an aftershave. Lasts for 24 hours, at least.

7. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Trumpers Lime skin food smells great.

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I really like Clubman Lime. YMMV.:)

battle.munky likes this.
  9. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

Seems like alot of options. That Crabtree & Evelyn one looks like a future try, if it's as potent as you say.

10. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg Being an Old Spice junkie, of course these are my favorite. You can still find them, I have 2 of each so I don't run out. Be aware the the "new" Old Spice Lime is totally different and I'm allergic, and will start sneezing if I use it.
    Old Spice Lime original Shulton AS Frosted Glass 1960s
    Old Spice Lime original Shulton cologne Frosted Glass 1960s

battle.munky, Qix and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

The best if you can find it.

ObiDon likes this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

C&E is a great cologne, but you may want to skin test it first. It's really more of a fougere (I think that's the right word) cologne with a nice lime top note which dissipates somewhat quickly. Here's the basenotes.net info.

13. 1passjoe

1passjoe New Member

Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic last a long time on me and is very cooling.

14. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

I have a few limes. All are great. I do wish the scent lasted longer, but that just kinda comes with the territory.

Vintage:
    English Leather Lime
    Avon Island Lime (a few bottles)
    Aqua Velva Frost Lime

Modern:
    Citrocol - Awesome!
    Booster Iced Lime
    Pinaud Lime Sec (too sweet on it's own (candy sweet), but great when mixed with Osage Rub)

gorgo2 likes this.
  15. Qix

Qix Well-Known Member

Island Lime is great stuff! Other than Spicy, it's my favorite Avon AS.

Douglas Carey and gorgo2 like this.
  16. SuperChris

SuperChris Member

Lime Sec or Citrus Musk, if you like vintage and can find it, Old Spice lime and Avon Island Lime.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  17. SuperChris

SuperChris Member

One of my favorites out of the Avon line up.

gorgo2 and Douglas Carey like this.
  18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

PAA Lime, Ginger and Tea Tree is excellent, IMHO.
    Very refreshing and eye opening scent with great skincare from the tea tree.

19. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

How strong is the scent of the Avon Island Lime after 45+ years? I have seen some in the neat car decanters and have always been afraid to buy it or use the aftershave in it. Also, if it is already opened (and I would assume opened since back when it was purchased years ago) is there any chance it is still good or safe to use? I guess since it is mostly alcohol it probably kills anything that could cause problems, but I am just curious. Thanks!

gorgo2 likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team