Looking for a Lime Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by chrisf8657, Jul 14, 2015.

1. SuperChris

SuperChris Member

I don't think alcohol based aftershaves would be harmful to use based on age, I use vintage Old Spice, various Avons, and Amway Silver Surf, all of which are decades old and have never had any issues. As for the scent, it will depend on how the aftershave was stored.

2. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Royall Lyme is rather nice but fleeting.
    I didn't care for Trumper's Extract of Limes Skin Food, smelled artificial almost like furniture polish to me.
    Next I plan on trying Pinaud's Citrus Musk.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Lime AS is good in the summer, right?

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've yet to find a bottle of Avon's old juices that has evidently weakened, especially if it was boxed/never opened. But even if they were, they're still perfectly wearable. My Avon collection is now pared down to the following:

Leather
    Deep Woods
    Imperator
    Excalibur
    Blue Blazer
    Structured for Men
    3-set (Steel, Glass, Wood)

All of these predate the mid-70s all of them are still potent. Just slapped on some Deep Woods...green smelling, hint of musk (maybe), undertones of powder but not too much. Very barbershoppy.

Broke my last bottle of Island Lime a few months back. :(

wmbjr likes this.
  5. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

Maggard Razors Limes and Bergamot is very good

wmbjr likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Let's have a contest-which will be the first to come back...Fine Italian Citrus or Rise Menthol? (probably the former, but this writer would like to see the latter back)

7. neilbart10

neilbart10 New Member

Found the TSD lime cologne absolutely top notch!

8. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

My favorite aftershave, lime or otherwise, is Ogallala Limes & Peppercorns. Outstanding scent.

9. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

I like the Royall Lyme splash. Kind of pricy though

10. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

My great Grandmother was a FOB English woman who also happened to be an english teacher for most of her life. I learned all the English spelling and terms and had to work hard in school to do things the American way. I also had amazing posture and could explain exactly how to set a high formal place setting at a table. I make a mean cup of tea too.

wmbjr likes this.
  11. Bosoxfan

Bosoxfan Active Member

Been looking for a lime aftershave. I got a sample of Captains Choice Lime AS and it's a little too clovey (I think it's cloves I smell) for me - can hardly smell the lime. Was thinking of trying Ogallala Limes & Peppercorns or St Charles Lime AS has anyone tried both of these that could provide their opinion? Can someone provide a description of how Ohallala smells?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    If you want to pick up a vintage Old Spice Lime AS on the popular auction website, you will not be disappointed.

Bosoxfan and Douglas Carey like this.
  13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Truer words were never spoke. When Lime was really Lime.

Bosoxfan likes this.
  14. Bosoxfan

Bosoxfan Active Member

You know......I should just pull the trigger and buy the OS Lime. It's what my father used and it's truly what I'm after. I can never for the life of me figure out why they stopped making that specific formula.

Primotenore and Douglas Carey like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You can get fresh lime for a reasonable price.

Primotenore and Bosoxfan like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was going to suggest just that. Lime Essential oil is available. I'd caution the use of the oil straight from the bottle. It is known to accentuate damage from sunlight.

Bosoxfan likes this.
  17. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I've only tried the Ogallala, but I think it smells great. As far as describing the scent, I wouldn't know where to begin. Scents are very subjective. Definitely smells like lime though.

Bosoxfan likes this.