Looking for any employers in the northern AL region

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by pvtbanks, Dec 4, 2015.

1. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

Just checking to see if any of our members might now of an employer in the northern AL region. Trying to get my feelers out.

2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Like artisan soap makers? lol.

You pulling chaulks Banks?

3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I was out of work almost a year after the Army. I wish you better luck then I had.

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Can I ask a question I'm afraid I already know the answer to? Doesn't the military offer job placement?

5. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I can only speak for the Air Force, but they have a mandatory transition assistance program (TAPS). It's a week long training/seminar that helps you prepare for the transition to civilian workforce. Not exactly job placement, but there are various veteran's assistance programs out there as well.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  6. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

There are programs. We have SFL-TAP, which is Soldier For Life-Transition assistance program.

Basically they teach you to write a resume and how to use VA benefits. I have my resume with 4 companies now. Hopefully something works out. If not I'll lose everything I have:happy102:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Went through the AF TAP myself. No job placement assistance, just how apply for a job and how to dress for and conduct an interview.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Seth, what type of work are you looking for? Many companies hire Military Veterans such as The Home Depot. Do some research on who hires Veterans in the area you'll be living in. Also get a telephone book if you can, you'll be able to make cold calls without running around.

9. steyrman13

steyrman13 Member

What line of work do you have experience in? What are of AL? Huntsville?