Looking into Straights....

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by UnklGus, Jun 16, 2009.

1. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

Thanks for all the support..... I will stick will definitly stick with it...

2. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

It's tough for most of us at first - just another learning curve. Glen's got all the right suggestions. Stick with it - it only gets better from here!

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Please feel free to join the straight razor discussion over at straightrazorplace.com.

4. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Yep that is a great place to discuss straights. So is TSD - check around the web and you'll find hundreds of opinions, buy you might not find many communities more inviting than this one

good luck in your shaving journey, UnklGus!

5. planf

planf New Member

Don't mean to be indelicate, but suggesting a wapienica seems outdated. They go over 40 dollars now due to scarceness (and their build quality is not worth it - crocked tangs) for that price one might as weal buy a brand new, low end DOVO.

Or at least that is the conclusion I've come to from reading experienced opinions. I'm just another newbie.

6. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I found this today and thought you might like to read it since you are starting with your straight already. I ordered my straight and strop today and am getting really excited to try it out. I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Bram