Lush handmade cosmetics

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Damon, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Damon

Damon Member

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

While I have not tried anything by them, every time I walk by there store I get HEADACHES. The smell coming out of there is simply overwhelming.. :rofl

3. xChris

xChris Member

I've used some of their products. I like some of their bath soaps to provide layering with a bunch of my other stash. The lotions and creams aren't bad either.

Their shaving products are nowhere near traditional though. First they are latherless products, so no fun whipping any of that up. Second, they can be (especially the Razorantium) a little oily/sticky which is harder to rinse off from a raozr (SER or DE).

4. Damon

Damon Member

Well I'm glad to get that info because I was thinking of ordering the shave cream now I will pass on that. But the soap looks interesting. But I think I'll wait for Issy to finish whipping up more soap first.

5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer New Member

Good call Damon. I have tried a lot of Lush's products and I am really unimpressed when compared to what else is out there. Their cosmetic lad lotion smells alright and works ok if your skin is really really dry. They say you can use it as an aftershave but it is a bit heavy for that use. I have also tried the Razorantium and was told it was a great product. This of course was before I discovered wet shaving. Needless to say this product smells bad and works just as poorly, plus it is hard to rinse off.

I believe Lush makes a living marketing products to make them seem unique. Their packaging and weird shapes gets you interested. In the end they are not any better then anything else, and in most cases they are worse.

Chris

6. Damon

Damon Member

Yes it does appear they spend a lot of money on packaging and design. And I've found out much less on quality of content. I guess they are trying to appeal to the younger generation.

7. 019

019 New Member

I have tried their I Love Juicy shampoo, face wash, and Prince shave cream. They're all good products. Are they worth the money? Maybe not. But it does gives some variety :) The shampoo works well, although I have now switched to Mama Bear's shampoo. The face wash is so so. The shave cream is interesting. It gives decent shaves but requires a whole other process to shave. I do like to use it as a preshave (letting it sink in to my skin for 5 mins). It's incredibly moisturizing and leaves my skin feeling great.

Would I keep buying their products on a regular basis? Probably not. But I do like trying new things and mixing things up :)

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I visited one of their stores a few months ago. All of their bath soaps were glycerin. There are certainly a few scents there that caught my eye (although I have since forgotten them). I would say their products are more marketing than function from my limited experience.

Wait till you see the shipping cost from their webstore. That alone stopped me from an online order a couple years ago.

9. Aroma

Aroma New Member

handmade? :rofl

10. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer New Member

I believe so.

Chris

11. Damon

Damon Member

So what you guys are saying is they are good enough to just add color to the bathroom.:happy013