Lustray Coachman vs clubman pinaud classic

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by magoo, Nov 9, 2020.

1. magoo

magoo New Member

I believe both are a pinaud product ? How do the scents compare

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've used Clubman products for years, and really love the company. I've thought about the Lustray Coachman a lot, but haven't yet purchased it. From what I've been able to research, it's a pretty close comparison. Perhaps a little more of a "talcum powder" scent in Coachman. Welcome to TSD, by the way.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. magoo

magoo New Member

MANY THANKS

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're welcome...classy name isn't it(Coachman).....takes you back in time. :)

magoo and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  5. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I can't tell the difference.

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I doubt I could blind test identify either, but I can say there is a slight difference in aroma. To answer your question. Since that time, my bottle of coachman has been altered, and that may of changed it some.
    I altered it by adding menthol crystals. Now if I want straight, I reach for clubman. If I want cold barbershop, I reach for iced coachman.

7. magoo

magoo New Member

MANY THANKS !!

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

There is no difference. They are both made by Pinaud. Just a different label. I assume they are made for different markets.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  9. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

If you look into the notes composing both they are different.But they end up in the same neighborhood.Coachman I think has a slight bitter note.It has the longevity of Clubman.But they have a 90% similarity in scent.

If you run across any Windjammer by Avon it is Clubman/Canoe with a licorice backnote

swellcat, Tedolph and Paul Turner like this.
  10. magoo

magoo New Member

Hey all I did order some and It is of course very close to clubman but it does seem a lighter sent and more powdery I guess you could say I do like it it does burn your face very strongly but hey that kills all the mistakes I make shaving thanks again for your help all of you

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

How about Blue Blazer from Avon ..... I heard it's very similar.

:)

12. magoo

magoo New Member

I am not familiar with that one