Macrovita

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by ghostlife, May 28, 2019.

1. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

My most recent order from Fendrihan is including some free samples of an aftershave made in Greece called Macrovita. Both a gel and a balm. Anybody familiar with these? What can I expect?

Hembree likes this.
  2. ghostlife

I guess I'm breaking new ground here - first use of Macrovita cotton and hops gel this morning. 3mL sample in inconvenient tear to open bag. High glycerin and aloe content, just enough alcohol to notice, feels like a slightly tacky balm on the more viscous end. Rubs in easily with no lingering stickiness. A little bit seemed to go a long way. Faint green smell with a bit of sweetness, nice scent but I don't think it will last long.

As far as face food it's got aloe vera, vitamin E, allantoin, licorice and vitamin B5. Overall my face feels and looks great, but that could have a lot to do with the fantastic shave I got (face lathered Speick stick with Omega boar, 2 pass Gillette platinum in vintage Rocket).

At $40 CAD for 100mL I'm unlikely to ever buy a full size, but there's a fair bit left in the sample and I'll try it again tomorrow.

ingredients:
    Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat, Saccharide Isomerate, Glycerin, PPG-26 Buteth-26, Parfum (Fragrance), Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Cone Extract, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Extract, Panthenol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Disodium EDTA, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Coumarin, CI 42090

brit likes this.
  3. ghostlife

Balm: Not enough alcohol to feel it, not enough aloe to add tackiness, even milder scent, longer list of supposedly skin food ingredients. Good texture and skin feel. Thicker than something like Nivea (doesn't run). I'd pick it over the gel.