Maggard Event

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by John Beeman, May 11, 2015.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Just curious if anyone is headed to Maggard Razors this Saturday (5/16/15) for the open house at their new store. I'm anxious to see the new building and I haven't bought any shaving stuff since yesterday.
    I'd be anxious to meet any Shave Den members if you plan on going.

Tdmsu, ARGH and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I wish! I will look forward to your report!!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

If I lived within 100 miles I'd go, I really like the Maggards. Have a great time. Ask about the Maggard open comb and slant.

Bobcat likes this.
  4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I'm going! I live about 80 miles away.

Bobcat, John Beeman and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. bnccna2

bnccna2 Well-Known Member

Wish I could go!

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I thought they already moved into the new store? I was just up there a few weeks ago. if I had not just been up there I would go. I have noticed that they have been stocking more new stuff so I have to bring a laundry list each time I go lol. I would be embarrassed to say this anywhere else but I have spend hundreds of dollars on shaving equipment. it really is a fun hobby that makes my life worth living.

John Beeman and Tdmsu like this.
  7. John Beeman

That's correct. They moved into the new store several weeks ago. From what I understand reading their web page and Facebook posts is a group of wet shavers planned a private get together at the store and it has now expanded into being open to all and it looks like a couple of vendors plan on attending.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Tdmsu like this.
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Hey John-Would you ask Brad or Casie when they expect the new Maggard Open Combs in? I want to get one for a PIF.

Thanks & Have Fun!!!

Bob

9. John Beeman

If you're really lucky, they'll have some and I'll buy you one

Tdmsu and Bobcat like this.
  10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

They had some OC heads in stock!
    The event was lots of fun. Got to meet John Beeman and several FB friends, as well as Paula Carius and Eric Hardisty from Reef Point Soaps. The maker of Holy Kaw was there, but I had to leave before I met him.

Bobcat likes this.
  11. John Beeman

@Bobcat - I would have bought you one but I didn't know which handle you'd prefer. I asked about both the Slant and the Open Comb razors (@RaZorBurn123) and was told the Slant has been shelved. I didn't get the impression it had been "shelved" temporarily. The response was rather matter of fact. As for the Open Comb's I was told all of their razors are now sold heads and handles separately so you can mix and match whatever head/handle combination you prefer.

RaZorBurn123 and Bobcat like this.
  12. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

No problem John. I will order one for the PIF.

13. John Beeman

I don't want to repeat everything that Adonis has already said
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/meetup-at-maggard-razors.45065/
    ...but it was a terrific Saturday afternoon if you're a wet shaving enthusiast so I can't be quiet.

Also, I can't go to the Irish Hills without hitting a few antique stores so I will be posting a few things in The Haul (okay, I bought two more Old Spice mugs).

Good food, good friends, lots of great giveaways, lots of things to buy, a cool old building for a store, vendors on site, product sampling, demonstrations, gracious hosts... I could go on and on.
    Here's a few pics plus you can see pics at Maggard's website and Facebook page along with Adonis' blog noted above.
    Couple of things to note in the pics - three offices at the front of the building that look directly out onto the street with the product shelving creating the walls, an in-store barber shop and the barber needs a shave, two sinks for test lathers, an entire section of just beard and mustache products, an old library card file for blades, possibly the world's largest sample selection in shoebox size containers, and a very complete selection of products all of which and be touched and smelled.

Oh, and before I forget, Maggard's had a photo contest to find great shaving pics to hang on the walls of their new store and our own @Tdmsu has one of his pictures prominently displayed.

me1.jpg me2.jpg me3.jpg me4.jpg me5.jpg me6.jpg me7.jpg me8.jpg me9.jpg me10.jpg

14. John Beeman

and a few more pics...

me11.jpg me12.jpg me13.jpg me14.jpg

15. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Didn't anyone take a photo with Brad and Casie? :)

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks John!