Magical Traveling Box Mystery Tour 2021

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Joewa, Mar 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I said WOOT WOOT!
    :D:bounce015::D

IMG_20210614_125935~2a.jpg

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    IAmTheJody and cliffb599 like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

I will post pictures in a bit... Got some errands to run before everything closes... Lots of awesome goodies in the box! I wanted to keep almost everything! hahaha

I've PM'd @MR41 for his address as it's ready to go on its journey to him! Figured since I needed to go to the Post Office and mail something today, I would hurry up and get the Box ready to mail off at the same time.

cliffb599 and Enrico like this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

No hurry on the box, you have a week!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. IAmTheJody

I didn't need a week! :happy102:

Here's my takes:
    IMG_20210614_140937.jpg IMG_20210614_150431.jpg
    Really excited to try an AC style razor in the Electric Blue RazoRock Hawk V2! And the Occam's DE Razor too! I need to read up on the Occam's guard plates because just looking at them, they look the same but I know they aren't. The 2 brushes look awesome and I've never used synthetic "hair" brushes before, of which both of these are. If I find I don't like synthetic, they are worthy of reknotting with badger. The Gillette "New Improved" Tuckaway handle mismatched to Gillette "Old Type" head pieces is perfect for my travel dopp bag. The black and chrome handle is a nice, heavy handle and I'm going to mate it to my R41 head pieces. Also snagged a beautiful Kenneth Cole Reaction watch with four different bands. I love watches, from my Fossil smartwatch to a vintage digital 1970s Gillette watch and many in between. Then there's the Uncle Henry knife set! Whoa! Love it. Couldn't pass it up. Then there's the two soaps I took - Sterling R4L and Sterling Hipster. Both really stood out to me scent wise, especially the R4L.

And here's my adds:
    IMG_20210614_143159.jpg IMG_20210614_143217.jpg
    IMG_20210614_143240.jpg IMG_20210614_143227.jpg
    IMG_20210614_143234.jpg
    NOS Turkish Dalan D'Men Sensitive shaving cream, NOS Russian Tet-A-Tet shaving cream, used once European Palmolive Sensitive shaving cream, NOS Williams mug shaving soap, 1920s/30s Gillette Canada DE blade cigar poker and cutter, Gillette Slim adjustable if which I have forgotten the date code and forgot to check before I put it in the box, 1973 Schick Classic aka Schick Paul Revere injector razor, Perfecto XL "Grand Shave King" clone, a Boss Razors handle, vintage flip-top Williams Shave Stick holder, NOS Vanguards Days Gone Gillette Blue Blades diecast car, unused Nivea Men DEEP after shave, and new packs of King C. Gillette, Parker Premium Platinum and Feather DE blades.

Now it's all packed up and ready to go on another journey! Shave well, you must!
    IMG_20210614_144448b.jpg IMG_20210614_144457.jpg

Enrico, cliffb599 and Jorvaljr like this.
  6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Wowsers! Great Show Jody!

7. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

On the Occams plates is a 1dot & a 2dot for Aggressiveness.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Enrico and IAmTheJody like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I think you are going to love those synthetics. Once you feel that softness and how great they lather….
    Is that williams modern or vintage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enrico likes this.
  9. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

The Occam Enoch only has one setting IMHO its a pretty aggressive but thats just me.

Enrico and IAmTheJody like this.
  10. IAmTheJody

Modern in the it's only about 10 years old sense.

Enrico likes this.
  11. IAmTheJody

This is the Occam's DE. The Enoch is the AC, yes?

One plate doesn't have any markings on it other than the name on the bottom and the other plate has 4 circles in the blade bed, what I assumed were machine marks. I'm guessing the one without any marks is the least aggressive?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Jorvaljr and Enrico like this.
  12. IAmTheJody

Ah I see now... One plate is the Hybrid Full Open Comb and one plate is the Hybrid Partial Open Comb.

cliffb599 and Jorvaljr like this.
  13. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

@IAmTheJody The Cadre brush is not a good representative of a synthetic. Just saying after having had 2 of those when I was a member there and reknotted mine before sending them on to someone else. I love synthetic and natural. Just didn't want you to think that was the norm. HUGE glue bump with little splay if any. If you like that sort, then GREAT. Awesome picks and put backs. Enjoying watching everyone's fun !

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Enrico, IAmTheJody and cliffb599 like this.
  14. IAmTheJody

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I'll pay close attention to it when I use it. The handle is really nice so if I don't like it, it'll definitely be a reknot candidate.

cliffb599, Enrico and Dave in KY like this.
  15. IAmTheJody

So I got the Box mailed off to Chris @MR41 today!

And I had a first tonight. A shave with an AC style razor. The RazoRock Hawk V2 from the Box. More on that in the Injector and SE Party Shave of the Day thread in a bit. Bottom line on that experience is WHOA!

Also, whomever put that black and chrome handle in the Box, please tell me what razor it was originally part of.
    IMG_20210615_231726a.jpg

Thanks everyone who is participating in this box. It's been a great experience!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  16. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Awesome Glad you Enjoyed Everything.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

IAmTheJody and Enrico like this.
  17. IAmTheJody

Tracking shows the Box was delivered to Chris @MR41 today! Woot woot! Enjoy!
    :eatdrink047:

MR41, Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

The box has landed safe and sound. It will be Mon. Before I can post pics. It is a very nicely stocked box.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    cliffb599, IAmTheJody and Enrico like this.
  19. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

4E68DB0D-335B-474E-80E2-05A9F6EFABB3.jpeg

Takes

67C54EB8-E061-46EA-8490-AB9168FC0464.jpeg

Gives

The tto is a replated red tip.
    I’ve wanted to try all 3 creams and I enjoyed them!
    I put the Gillette New in the box and I have missed it.
    The 1st responder aftershave from Stirling smelled very nice.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    Enrico, cliffb599 and IAmTheJody like this.
  20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

The end of my week is Friday. Due to my work schedule I won’t be able to ship until the following Monday. Does that ruffle any feathers?

FYI-I was going to ship yesterday, @Jorvaljr asked me to wait due to his schedule.

Jorvaljr and Enrico like this.