MagT Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ischiapp, Jan 27, 2021.

?

Do you like magnetic razors?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Kinda cool.

Herm

Hembree likes this.
  3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Those combs don't look very comfortable to me.

4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Sounds like something a powerpoint jockey would write up to impress an otherwise clueless client. How'd they come up with magnets make a blade last longer and where is the testing proof. I sure as hell am not going to buy one just to find out after reading that. Usually the more B.S. .i.e. expensively worded the sales pitch the more the actual product is going to cost you.

twhite likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Having used a magnetic razor aka the Wabbit, the magnets do securily hold the blade and cap together but taking it apart is a P.I.T.A. and if theirs is also the product is a fail right there from a user standpoint regardless of how well it does shave.

Magnets do demagnetize over time so when those magnets fail that razor is no longer usable.

Looks like someone having a brain fart and confusing it for genius and didn't bother to think through the details before acting on it looking at what and how it is being presented.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Herm2502 and twhite like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I haven't seen their patents yet but if it involves using a magnet as clamping mechanism and not an improvement on using a magnet as a clamping mechanism prior art exists already in publicly published 3d printed razor designs like the Wabbit.

7. ischiapp

I've shared because of the geometry.
    Similar to Henson Aggressive (+++).
    But even more effective.
    Not sure about comfort.

I think this Mag T Razors Delta is another beast.
    The exposure is positive, but not too much.
    The gap is huge, but guard span is even bigger.
    [​IMG]

8. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I love razors with low blade exposure and a large gap so that part intrigues me. I hate that handle though. I hold my razor on the sides of the handle most of the time. It helps me keep the pressure off. Maybe I'd get used to it eventually but not interested enough to try that hard. The comb on it looks a bit strange too. Like it's at the wrong angle to glide over your face.

My only magnetic razor is the SNMIRN I got from Amazon when the price dropped a couple weeks ago. I've only shaved with it 5 or 6 times but so far I like it and the magnets make it easy to load and unload.

9. ischiapp

Here the pressure on the blade is 4lbs.
    Never tried something similar.
    Not sure this helps ordinary maintenance.
    :signs002:

10. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

ischiapp likes this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The link goes to a dead end.

Either way it shouldn't matter, both qualify as safety razors. If it does from some reason then as @feeltheburn mentioned the SNMIRN razor does cover prior art for DE razors using magnets.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CKDZWXX/?tag=thshde-20

61N2mATnriL._SL1050_.jpeg

12. riverrun

ischiapp and BBS like this.
  13. riverrun

They lost me at:

ischiapp likes this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Figures it is an Indian based patent either way unless they are behind the SNMIRN razor the patent is not valid and can be invalidated if someone wanted to go after it. Reality is there isn't enough money at stake to waste time on something like this.

The Wabbit's files were published before the patent application date if I am reading it correct and the reviews are so close to that date it is reasonable to assume the SNMIRN razor was up for sale before hand. Prior art in both instances and design copy of the razor head of the SNMIRN.

twhite likes this.
  15. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Going to be honest, I don't know about this one. Only really one way to find out, but I don't know.

16. leonidas

leonidas New Member

Can the actual Wabbit be purchased, or is the 3-D design the only item available?