Maiden Shave with Executive Injector

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Billyfergie, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

The Personna Executive Injector.....:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wee Collection....:p
    [​IMG]
    The postman arrived this morning with my newly acquired British Made Personna Executive Injector...I got this rare Injector from a Greek Seller...The British Made Personna Executive Injectors don't come up very often in the Wild....The Executive Injector was made by Personna International UK, which is a division of Personna American Safety Razor Company...The Executive Injector is not to be confused with the USA Made Personna Injectors that are commonly regarded as very mild shavers...;)

The Executive is regarded as being a "Bit of a Beast" and I have heard it said that it shaves something like a cross between a Schick Type E and an OCMM.....As you can see the Executive has very Large blade Exposure and a fairly Wide Gap between the Comb and the Blade....It has a sort of "Royal Court of Arms" on the back of the head.....The Executive Injector is manufactured from a combination of high tech plastics and a stainless steel brushed finish...The razor is quite light compared to the PAL Adjustable but shorter in length.....The Executive feels really balanced in the hand with the weight being towards the head....:).

The Personna Ececutive Injector is in excellent condition and I am looking forward to having a Test Drive with an NOS Schick Platinum Injector Blade...;)

Four Pass Shaving Routine....:)
    Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
    Personna Executive Injector
    NOS Dutch Made Schick Platinum Plus Injector Blade (New)
    Semogue Classic 208 Boar Brush
    Alphy & Becs Natural Shaving Soap - With Jojoba Oil - Vitamin E
    Organic Aloe Vera Gel
    LOGONA Man Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

I had my Maiden Shave with my newly acquired Personna Executive Injector today with an NOS Schick Platinum Injector Blade... These NOS Dutch Made Schick Platinum Plus Blades are Surgically Sharp....I have never come across a blade anything like as sharp as them...I offered the Executive Injector couple of days whiskers to hunt down... :p

On my first pass I was immediately impressed by how efficient, smooth and forgiving the Executive Injector was performing....I was using the Executive Injector Flat against the Face and the plastic head of the razor was really smooth....These blades are sharp but it felt almost Ghost Like a Ninja in the Dark....There was very little audible feed back with this razor/blade combo until my ATG pass....These Personna/PAL injectors never cease to amaze me as they seem to hunt down every whisker so deep under the surface of the skin....They are like mine detectors under the surface of the earth.....:cool:

This is a very aggressive Injector, but it seems to have everthing going for it in terms of being smooth efficient and being very forgiving at the same time....I have heard it said that the PAL Adjustable is the Star Treck and the Executive Injector is the Space Ship Galactic.....I would have to agree with that analogy....This is probably the most efficient Injector that I have ever came across....Schick eat your heart out....;)

I have got to add though that in the height of the Post War Years manufacturers' in the USA were using cutting edge technologies to produce Blades that had come from the technological revolutionary advancement's from the War Machine and early Jet Fighter and Rocket technologies....Injectors like the Personna Executive that were made during that era were specifically designed for them and current injector blades just don't cut it.... :eek:

The Executive Injector offered me a Deep All Over BBS result that is hard to describe without any hint of any irritation .....I've got a small collection of Injectors that were made by the American Safety Razor Company & British Subsidiary Company & got the small collection for around £35.00 posted ....It cost me a wee bit more for the PAL Adjustable because it came form the USA.... :rolleyes:

Injectors that were made by the American Safety Razor Company & British Subsidiary Company must be the best kept secret in the SE shaving world because they are serious Whisker Whacking War Machines and the Executive Injector is the Top Gun of them all.....:)
    Everybody should have at least one in their Armoury...:bang:

Billy

Rufus T., PLANofMAN, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very nice review. Congratulations on such a fine acquisition. I am sure it is a welcomed addition to your injector collection. I love injectors. It is just so hard to get blades today.

Billyfergie likes this.
  3. Billyfergie

Yeah, some of those NOS Blades can cost top Dollar...I get most of mine from EU sellers as most folks are not interested in them this side of the pond....:chores016:

Jayaruh likes this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks for taking the time to write up such a nice review. Well done.

Jayaruh, Billyfergie and Jim99 like this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Real nice write up and a real nice razor.

Jayaruh and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Billyfergie

Thank you.....I enjoyed writing this up......:chores016:

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's reviews like this that drive up the prices of razors. :D
    Well done!:happy088: You almost tempt me to go Injector hunting. :)

Billyfergie likes this.
  8. Billyfergie

Thank you kind Sir.....The PAL Injectors seem to go very cheap....I think its because they are not generally perceived as Glamorous as Schick's..... :chores016:

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The good: Great review, well written and I really enjoyed reading it!

The bad: You just made it very hard to score one for cheap on eBay :)

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. Billyfergie

There are more PAL Injectors that turn up in the UK than in the USA & more often than not they either go for a few Quid and or get relisted for months until the sellers get fed up and give up the ghost.....Most of them are NOS as well......:chores016:

Billy

Darkbulb likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sounds great - let me know the next time you spot a NOS Executive for a few quid :D

Billyfergie likes this.