Major development this evening

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Infotech, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I skipped my daily shave this morning because I was running late. I got home to an empty house because my wife was out running errands and the kids were off doing their summer things. Since I had the time I decided to shave. A couple of months ago I bought a glass bottle of the Velva since I heard they were being discontinued and it was the last one in the store. This was the first bottle I've ever purchased in my life because one, I never liked the scent, and two my wife said she can't stand the stuff after she smelled it in the store. I'm sure some of you can see where this is going... Anyway, for the first time since I bought it I decided to use it. When my wife got home I greeted her like normal and after a while she asked me "Are you wearing cologne? You smell good"...!!! She doesn't like many aftershaves so I couldn't believe my ears. I have to admit, though, that I used a little bit of Proraso Balm to kind of mask the scent. I'm going to have to try it alone to see what's really going on...

2. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Ah... good man! :D

3. Jason

Jason New Member

Nothing like an aqua velva man!

4. StephenDE

StephenDE New Member

melllow out

Yeah, AV smells pretty good after it mellows a little. I bet she'll like it.

5. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Next you'll have to try the AV Musk. Like high school all over again. ;)

6. faster_than_u

faster_than_u Member

"Its better with an aqua velva man"

7. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

Old 80's Aqua Velva...

I can remember an old 80's Aqua Velva commercial that starred Dick Butkus in it, and in the end a hot lady is ready to pick him up at his doorstep he turns to the camera and says "So you think us linemen are dumb?"