Maker of TSD soaps?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by CatMan, Oct 24, 2007.

1. fritz

fritz New Member

No hard feelings at all. It is sometimes tough to convey the proper nuances in a posting like this....

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I think Martin and I just might get along! I can certainly identify with THAT concept. You wouldn't believe what I said to Vanessa the other day! She may never "speak" to me again! And no, I will NOT elaborate! :ashamed001

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

You're quite welcome, M'dear. Well deserved.

4. Hi Raf,
    I'm glad you posted your views because it's always interesting to see how others think. Hehe, I understand that whatever I may like in regards to our 'hobby' won't necessarily echo other members thoughts in the least.........heh.
    I liked your example of using the HBS and QED soaps. You tried em because you'd heard good things about em. They just didn't hit you like some others, which is fine. At least you tried them though, to satisfy your curiosity if nothing else.
    I also liked your comment about choosing performance over scent every time, and using Tobac as an example. I'm smiling because I just did not like that scent, although your description is a bit kinder. You used it as an example of performance over fragrance very well. I saw the line you typed about being fine with unscented, well performing soaps, and I smiled in wonder....heh.
    I recently tried Tobac, because I finally HAD to. No one would shut up about it.....heh. Raf? To give you an idea how different we are, I gave it up after two uses. I flat out didn't care for the smell, and it put me off my shave. Even if it gave me the best shave I could ever possibly have, I would never use it.
    See, now your post helps me to understand how others view things, since I have NO one I can talk about ..........'shaving' with. What you say makes sense, and I can see others agreeing with you. I wonder if starting a thread on that might be interesting, and what section of the forum might be the best place for it.
    Martin

Oh.Klaus? Sorry for taking your thread on a small detour.