Manly but floral?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Shotwell, Sep 6, 2014.

1. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

It smells more herbal to me than floral.

2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Unfortunately, there aren't many Tulip scented products.

3. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Speick is a good call for a scent similar to, but greener than, lavender.

RazoRock XXX or One-X are good options, although the former has a patchouli note that SWMBO might object to if 'earthy' is a problem.

Rose can certainly work.

I make no secret about being a fan of jasmine scents, but several of the jasmine scents in my rotation are custom.

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

This sounds like a case for the Veg!

And also....you should take our Queen of Blades up on her offer, and contact her.....Then I know you will be in good hands, and she can whip up something very specific for your needs....And also put in whatever type of skin conditioning you like or need....

5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Gondolier is a very nice Jasmine combination scent. I'm hoping for a Lavanille splash someday, too.

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

sorry im late to this thread. I couldn't believe BK made cologne lol. I had to look this up. im not too sure if I would want to smell like the broiler. I worked at BK when I was a teenager and that smell is hard to wash off

7. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Lol, Try selling Seafood, another hard to wash away smell.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  8. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

There's not a big market in male floral scents you would probaly be better off going down the citrus route, I'm not a fan of floral scents myself and I have absolutely no idea why anyone likes Bay Rum man that stuff is the Devils own scent, but notes I look for in scents are Neroli Bergamot Amber Cedarwood Sandalwood Vanilla Musk, take a look at the Penhaligons Mens lineup there's probably something there you will like. http://www.penhaligons.com/gentlemens-fragrances-and-grooming/

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

10. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

Arlington by DR Harris is a manly floral IMHO.

11. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

B&M Cologne Russe is both floral and manly, IMHO

12. Paul Turner

Question on that Aqua Velva Musk....is that best for warm/hot weather or cool/cold?

13. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I think it just really depends upon your tastes. Unless it's 90+ degrees, I tend to just put on whatever I want. When it's 90+, I tend to either go for heavy menthol or Lilac Vegetal.

14. Paul Turner

That has become my recent problem with Aqua Velva. It's a nice smell of course, but I'd rather go with something that began as an aftershave, and STILL is that.

Boojum1 likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

I had no idea Lilac Vegetal has a cooling sensation. That was Clubman's first AS, right?

16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

AS disappear so quickly so here are some Edp and edit to check out. If you looking for floral but masculine here a few to try:

Amouage Opus 8, it has jasmine, ylang ylang and iris but I it's not listed in the notes.

Lavender has allot more to choose from Caron our Un Homme, By Killian A Taste of Heaven and Frederic Malle Musc Raveguer.

Rose has even more options here are a few. A Different Company Rose Poiveree, Chanel Egoist (sandalwood is dominant), Tauer l'Air du Desert Marocain, Creed Royal Mayfair (Windsor) and Serge Lutens Rose d' Nuit and many others.

Lavender with patchouli and masculine then Rive Gauch pour Homme. Look for the time can version. Plus it is definitely a barbershop scent.

Speaking of non-hippie patchouli.... Dior Patchouli Imperial is the most beautiful frag I know of where the patchouli is dominant.

In the end you can ignore if it's listed as feminine or masculine. I don think some scents definitely fit a gender classification but maybe I've been living in a Confucian culture to long. Kouros=sweaty man, Chanel No. 5 = feminine. I love No 5 but I'd never wear out of the house.

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

It's best for when you want to use it.
    I dont compartmentalize my aftershaves into seasons.
    Some do. I don't.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  18. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

It doesn't have a cooling sensation, I just like how it smells on a warm summer night :)

No idea where it falls in the chronology of Pinaud/Clubman. I do know it was created for Napoleon's Hungarian Cavalry.

19. Paul Turner

Why couldn't Clubman's regular AS been the one for Nappy's Cavalry? Shux.

20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

How about pure lavender waters, like Caldey or Cella?