Mantics Tutorial Videos

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Mama Bear, Feb 6, 2007.

1. mantic

mantic U TOOB

It's also now on Sclipo, for the YouTube-impaired.

--Mark

2. mantic

mantic U TOOB

I just posted my latest video to YouTube, how to build up lather several different ways. For the new shaver who's having a little trouble getting a good lather.

--Mark

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Mark, good stuff as usual. Now I know why I just have never been a fan of lathering on the face!! Too much left to chance.

4. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Most Excellent !

Mark....
    ya ever add water to the breech instead of the tips ?
    Thats how I do it and wasnt sure if I saw you demonstrate it that way before.
    Great Vid.....as usual :cool:

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Way to go, Mantic! One of your most informative and useful videos yet... and that's saying a LOT.

Well done!!

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Great Video.....kinda made me think what i thought was moist lather...might be a bit on the dry side...cant wait for the morning.

7. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Yes, but normally I prefer not to because I usually add too much. :o The exceptions (for me) are when I Method shave with a Shavemaster brush (the construction of the brush makes direct breech loading easier) and when I add water to a mug/bowl then "pump" the brush into it.

--Mark

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Excellent, Mark :happy088

That is some dee-lishous looking lather :drool:drool:drool

Is that a conk almond or VDH deluxe you're working with there?

9. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I like the "how to build lather".. Great to see what your aiming at.. And I really like that you timed it.. It gives a hint on how much time to spend.. Good one.. Keep em coming..

10. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Great new vid by Mantic ,

I specially liked the last part where he directly lathers on the face he then tells ya too Dry lather ! I was thinking that cant be good. most excellent help for NOOBS and Vets alike

Happened to me 2 days ago , I latherd Coates Tea Tree it was slick paste but not really lather something that happends to T&H trafalgar aswell if your not carefull and AOS Lemon aswell so threw more water in and yes Lather exploded really a mistake most make is too little water !

11. Will

Will Nevermind

Nice to see you not make a mess Mark. :rofl

12. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

That's the best thing about Mark's vids (for me). They are a gentle reminder to refocus. I was getting lazy in making lather, and wasn't taking enough time, or making lather on my face, and like he pointed out, it was too dry.

This morning I used some Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint (not really hard to make a good lather with!) but I really kept swirling that brush in the bowl and added a little more water. BAM! Enough lather for four passes and still washed some away in the sink!

Thanks again for the advice, Mark!!

13. mantic

mantic U TOOB

It was a year ago today that I posted my first wetshaving video to YouTube. I figured I'd do 5 or 6 videos and let them languish on YouTube as a reference. That first video has now been viewed over 108,000 times. The channel now stands at 1260+ subscribers with over 445,000 total views of all videos, over an hour's worth of material. To say that those numbers surpassed my expections would be an understatement.

Who'd da thunk it? :cool:

I want to thank everyone here for their continuing input, suggestions, and support.

--Mark

14. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Congrats, Mark!

I was just reviewing some of your videos this weekend as I was getting ready for my first DE shaves. They are a great resource!

15. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Way to go, Mark!! Your videos are a valuable source of information that really has shown some folks the way. (And they're entertaining, too!) Keep up the good work, man!!

16. mantic

mantic U TOOB

This video is now available at Sclipo, for those of you who have trouble with YouTube.

--Mark

17. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Here's my newest video, on adjustable razors:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VClPqPMro4[/ame]

18. Will

Will Nevermind

Mark,

That video is old news. :rolleyes:

I left a comment. :p

19. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Mantic ,

Why is it you dialed the fatboy doors open a bit before adjusting the settings?
    That was interesting but I never do it myself I simply set the fatboy to a different setting without opening the doors any reason to do so ?

20. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Rene,

It's less stress on the inner mechanisms of the blade adjuster -- less pressure when moving helps lengthen the life of the moving parts.

Mark, Way To Go on this one! This might be your most informative video yet -- and that's saying a LOT. ::