Mantics Tutorial Videos

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Mama Bear, Feb 6, 2007.

1. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Beats me, its part of a stock video package. There are some great shots of her.

--Mark

2. mantic

mantic U TOOB

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Well, that sure is some great stock footage - enrichens the videos :D

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Always a pleasure viewing a new movie! Thanks!

5. mantic

mantic U TOOB

6. djwurm

djwurm New Member

when you were putting the brush up in your cabinet I was thinking holy cow he is using this video to show us how cool he is with all his shaving stuff.. hehehe

Good video.. I have always wondered the proper caring of a brush as I have a caswell silvertip that has some frayed hairs and doesnt look as fluffy and clean like the brushes I see you guys post on this site.. seems I may be shaking it to hard to get the water out..

7. autarkic

autarkic New Member

While I'm shaving with a straight the principals of wet shaving you show are awesome and I have and will recommend them to anyone. Great job and I learned lots.

A

8. asagage

asagage New Member

This is what got me started.

9. Most of use should buy Mantic a drink if we have the opportunity to see him !

Cheers Mantic !

10. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

I watched the videos before starting wet shaving about two weeks ago. After a great start to wet shaving, I have had a few bad shaves in a row. It is time for me to go back to shave school before my bad habits are too difficult to break. I keep telling myself light pressure but continue to bear down. It is not easy unlearning 25 years of bad shaving!

11. NewShaver1

NewShaver1 New Member

Just found these

HI - I just found these, and man are they great!

I have been an amateur from some time and just always felt horrible when the shave was not the best with my gillette's - I have run through the entire line of Gillette excel, sensor, and Mach 3 and found that the Fusion was a bit too much. I went looking this past weekend for a DE handle to give this a try.

What I really liked was how you showed how long till you get the lather and the art of BUILDING the lather. Very informational!!

Thanks again!:D

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Mark's videos are absolutely amazing. As most of you know I decided to take up wet shaving several months ago while serving in the Middle East. Because of the restrictions on internet access I was never able to see any of Mantic's videos. Well as I was traveling back through the US on my way back to Japan I started using my iPod Touch to watch videos from YouTube. Naturally, I had to search for everything from Mantic59. Marks videos are awesome. I learned most of what I know from reading posts here and around the internet but if I would have had the ability to view these videos it would have made my life much easier. If you are a newbie or are struggling with any of the various aspects of wet shaving I highly recommend that you check out Mantic59 on YouTube. Thank you Mark, this is a great service that you provide to wet shavers the world over.

13. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Agreed. Mark's videos are essential to shaving (sorry) much time off the learning curve. They're mandatory watching.

And Bullgoose, I absolutely feel your pain (sorry, again) on too much pressure. It took a long time to unlearn 25 years of cartridge habits, too. But, it's worth it. The tip I picked up, and I'll pass along, is to back off to where you're barely hearing any cutting noise, and really think you can't actually be shaving anything off at all. You'll probably be surprised at how much hair is gone after 2-3 passes.

14. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

this post from the past is true to this day.

15. mantic

mantic U TOOB

My latest video, "The 10 Minute Traditional Wet Shave," is now available on YouTube, Metacafe, Blip.tv, Veoh, Sclipo and Vimeo. Copies to Revver and Howcast are delayed due to site issues.

--Mark

16. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Another great video! Now if only I could get lather like that with my VDH brush.

17. Stuggi

Stuggi Member

I have lather quality envy, I really need to figure this Dr. Harris soap out!

Great video as always!

(BTW, I tried the 10 min straight shave, totally doable, just need some practice and a sharper razor)

18. sicklidz

sicklidz New Member

Great videos!

19. mantic

mantic U TOOB

20. Spk282

Spk282 New Member

Thank you Mantic! I have learned so much from watching your video's. Always used to just try and get through shaving as quick as possible and didn't really know what I was doing. I actually enjoy shaving now.