March 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 1, 2018.

?

What's Your March Madness?

1. Shavette Dojo with the Samurai Man

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Rule baby!

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Learning a new razor

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. Soap Mania

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. Brushes

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. A Focus of some kind

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  7. Cookie Madness!

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo Dan. TOBS Sandalwood was my first real shaving cream or soap. It is really some good stuff.

Thank you Dan. No just a "Blind Squirrel" that kept trying and figured it out

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo and write up Rick.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great job getting through the move. I hope the unpacking goes well. Enjoy the new home.

4. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

:signs011::signs107:

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Good morning gentlemen! I hope everyone is well! Neil @NCoxSTL, good to see you made it to the new HQ! Best of luck Patrick @9nein9, on your lathe acquisition!

Decided to go ahead and get one more shave in this month. Same hardware, different software. Two pass no touch up. Fine shave this morning. I usually get a lot of irritation if I try and shave on consecutive days. Barely a whisper from the alum on my neck, about the same as yesterday's shave.
    Fifth use on the Feather, may be degrading a bit, may be my imagination. Don't know, it still felt pretty good. It's going in the blade bank anyway, starting April with a fresh blade.
    Good weekend and good shaves all!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Do you find the Clubguy is about the same scent as Clubman?

Edison Carter, 9nein9, RyX and 4 others like this.
  7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Very close to my nose. They compliment one another well.

8. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Awesome photo and sweet setup! I just got done with a big ol' splash of Clubman myself! Just a little FYI - make sure you wash your hands with soap if you're going to floss after shaving. Clubman doesn't taste as well as it smells. ;)

Edison Carter, 9nein9, RyX and 3 others like this.
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

LOL! Thanks for the tip!

9nein9, RyX, PickledNorthern and 3 others like this.
  10. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Refreshing shave.

Stirling Glacial MITA
    30 DC Brush
    Magic Shavette
    Voskhod
    Stirling Sharp Dressed Man (mentholated)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Another great photo. Good job on an irritation free shave on consecutive days.

Screwtape, 9nein9, RyX and 3 others like this.
  12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks Clint!

9nein9, RyX, PickledNorthern and 2 others like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 31, 2018
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Gem PTFE Modified
    BSB-2 with Vie Long 2 Band Fan
    AOS Peppermint Cream

[​IMG]

A great shave to end the month. I am really enjoying the AOS Peppermint Cream. My wife likes to get me gifts from the store and I am pleased that the creams work so well. Three passes and minimal touch ups left me with a near perfect shave. A splash of Fine Lavender and I am ready for the a nice relaxing Saturday with the Mrs and Asha. I hope everyone has a blessed Easter Weekend.

March 2018 Recap

[​IMG]

I have enjoyed March 2018. I was able to dial in the Rocnel SE-G razor and finish two soaps. At the same time, I enjoyed using the General and Wolfman for a week each. I enjoyed reading the reports and progress of other member. Most importantly, I was able enjoy friendship and camaraderie of the 30 day thread. I am looking forward to April.

14. FaceScraper

Lovely setup Keith! The razor and brush are both beautiful!

Keithmax, 9nein9, RyX and 3 others like this.
  15. FaceScraper

Beautiful photo Clint!! I've noticed that you use the AOS Peppermint a fair amount, and it does sound good. Maybe someday. Our friendly USPS guy should be along shortly with an order from Stirling. ;)

Enjoy the day with your family!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Keithmax, Screwtape, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  16. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Thanks Dan. I agree! The handle is Amboyna, which is the wood they use on the interior of a Rolls. Can someone pass me some Grey Poupon?

In other news, my sinus infection has morphed into something else, providing the added bonus of cold sores all over my lips, effectively suspending all shaving activity here.
    Lovely.:angry019: Aargh!

17. FaceScraper

Today's shave was brought to me by the following:

Razor: Gillette Slim
    Brush: Simpson Duke 3
    Soap: Williams
    Blade: Astra S/P
    A/S: Pinaud Clubman

Today was the last shave of my focus, finishing up the week with Williams. It's been a fun month, and the shaves have been quite good. A week with each of four classic soaps - Arko, MWF, Tabac, and Williams. Tabac rose to the top, just a very slight touch above the MWF. Every soap I used is great, so there are no "losers".

The Williams did a nice job at providing a slick base for the Slim & Astra to glide across. Three passes (plus the back of my neck), a splash of Ed's Finest and I'm good to go! The Outlaws (in-laws, not the band) & my Mom will be here this afternoon to hang out and they'll stay for dinner.

I've enjoyed following along with everyone's journeys this month, especially the ones who gave the shavettes and pain sticks a whirl. I tip my hat to them! There were a ton of mouthwatering photos posted, and a bunch of great shave reports as well. It's been a pleasure spending another month with The Crew - and I'm looking forward to another month! Thanks for letting me hang out!

And, Neal @NCoxSTL - glad your move went ok (even though part of your crew was a no-show). Good luck with unpacking and getting set back up!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a Happy Easter!

NCoxSTL, Keithmax, Screwtape and 6 others like this.
  18. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Beautiful calendar collage there Clint! Really great stuff!

9nein9, RyX, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  19. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Gutted for you buddy!

20. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Well that sounds pleasant.

[​IMG]

Seriously though, heal up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.