March 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2019.

?

What Madness is March bringing to your shave?

1. I'm going to use gear I rarely or never use for the month.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. I'm going to do a Rule.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. It's Focus time!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  4. Soap Madness for me....gotta make room for more!

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. I'm going to eat cookies AND donuts for breakfast.

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. I'm going to shave completely in the dark....oh wait....that's MAYhem.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Jim!

2. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

You forgot the Chinese Gillette Super Blue Blade razor. :)

Douglas Carey, RyX, brit and 10 others like this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Gem MM Clog Pruf
    Gem Stainless
    Semogue BC Mistura
    Real Shave Co. SC
    Dr. Sana Alcoholado

Great shave this morning. First use of Dr. Sana. The bodega across the street from work used to carry Superior 70, but was unable to get it from the purveyor this time. Dr. Sana is very similar to Superior 70 but has a little stronger bay scent and a slightly darker color. I am not sure if it is a difference in product or just because my s70 has been sitting around for a few years. Either way, it was a pleasant finish to the shave. Enjoy your day.

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

It was a tag team effort that included @Norcalnewb (Goose) and me. wlae.gif

Douglas Carey, RyX, brit and 9 others like this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

74D13172-7E3F-4A58-9961-CF20F24A18DA.jpeg

March 1 SOTD:

Razor: PAA Starling V2
    Blade: Gem Stainless
    Brush: Ever-Ready 150
    Lather: TSD English Fern
    Aftershave: TSD English Fern
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Unscented PSB

I have to admit, I was really looking forward to this first shave with the Starling. I havent used a SE in a while, so this was a little like a new experience. First, I'll say that I got a DFS on two passes, but I could feel a little drag, not on the blade, but the head. I think the anodized finish contributes to this. Also, I have always had good results with TSD Lanolin soaps, and they are a great performer, but they do tend to lack a little residual slickness for me. I am wondering if some other soaps such as Stirling might help eliminate the drag. It wasn't an uncomfortable shave by any stretch, but definitely different. Of course, my technique with this razor may need some more work, and it will gets lots of face time this month. I hope everyone has a great day!

Attached Files:

6. Norcalnewb

Wonderful picture, Jim!

Douglas Carey, brit, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Great picture, Perry!

Douglas Carey, brit, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Congrats on the new razor, Jim! I'm sure you'll have it dialed in in no time.
    Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. wristwatchb

Bonus points for a straight razor shave at 35,000 feet! For safety reasons, wait until after the plane crosses the Rockies. If it was MAYhem, we'd obviously expect you to do this during the landing in Denver while using William and finishing with The Veg!

10. wristwatchb

As the CMO (Chief Maturity Officer), I'll try to get things turned around. First things first, everyone needs a CT...

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Happy Friday Perry. Great shave and photo.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great full color photo Jim. Bravo. The B2 Mongoose had the same issue. I would dry dropping the handle just a touch to reduce the amount of the head against the skin.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 1, 2019
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Moon Old School
    Fine Fresh Vetiver

[​IMG]

Well this morning was a story of a good shave and a bad shave. Everything worked well together. The "Soap Destroyer" whipped up a wonderful rich lather. Three passes went off without issue. Then the wheels fell off. While buffing my left lower neck, the snake bit me hard. Neither alum or styptic pencil helped at all. At last direct pressure seemed to stop the blood flow. It only takes a moment to make a mistake. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

14. PLAla

Thank you, Jim!

15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Awesome picture, Clint! Sorry about the cut.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

16. PLAla

Thank you, Clint! Really wonderful photo this morning. That brush is incredible. Sorry to hear of your cut. Happens to all of us from time to time. There's always tomorrow. Have a great Friday!

17. PLAla

Great photo, Jim! Interested to see what you think of the Starling with a different soap.

18. wristwatchb

Classy shave and Happy Anniversary, Jim. Ever since we were kids, I had a feeling our paths would eventually cross again. Thanks for introducing us all to the bike ramp.
    2.jpg 1.jpg

19. wristwatchb

That's a cool looking razor, Jim, and I will enjoy following your focus with it. I recall @Terry having a similar issue with a razor head last month. I know you'll get it sorted out.

Maverick

20. wristwatchb

Wonderful set up and photo, Clint, but I'm sorry about the shave. Tomorrow will definitely be better. I hope you are feeling better today. At least it's Friday. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.