March 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Is it okay to eat cookies and ice cream together?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. Yes

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Thanks, Joe! It was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be--just gotta figure some stuff out ;)

Edit--Annnnd, I just called you Clint--so sorry Joe. The New (and awesome) Avatar threw me. ;)

jtspartan, 9nein9, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Tim!

9nein9, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  3. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Tim!
    It happens....
    It will get better, that much I know.
    But for now.
    tp

Keithmax, 9nein9, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Jim!
    I'll keep trying till I get to go to the ER...
    or I get it right.
    ;)
    tp

5. timabababaluka

Thanks Jim! Your shavette results sound pretty darned good to me! :D

9nein9, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  6. timabababaluka

Thanks, Clint!:D

7. timabababaluka

Awesome pics and report, Clint! I've heard nothing but good things about the Damaskeene. That scent profile, btw, sounds wonderful :)

8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Fantastic shave Jim!
    I understand using a razor only 19 times.
    It seems there aren't enough shaves to go through everthing.
    But I'm not wanting to have to shave more than I gotta.
    Nice watch.... orange watch band?
    Well??
    I use orange shave stuff.
    cool!
    tp
    Oops!
    Sorry "Clint"!
    tp

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I just have to second what Keith said about shavettes improving your shaves. I went from DE to pain sticks because I won a CJB from Keith in a PIF in March 2015. I spent a month with the CJB, slicing and dicing my way to some great shaves (literally slicing and dicing at times) but when the month was over I was a super-ninja with any DE or SE razor I picked up.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe. Spend time on the watch forums and discover their language. ;)

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

sweeneygif-76_zpsc906c021.gif

9nein9, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The Damaskeene is a cool little razor. I have the OC used today and a very nice cased Damaskeene safety bar with blade banks and 5 original damaskeene blades.

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

If you try to wear our that Personna 74 you'll be using it for a very long time. I got 30 shaves off of one and I think I just gave up after 30. Amazing blade that makes you wonder why they can't keep making them that way. Oh wait....nobody would have to buy enough to make a profit!

Keithmax, wristwatchb, 9nein9 and 8 others like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Terry. I had to use the orange band since I didn't have a yellow band or a red band :D

15. timabababaluka

Keithmax, 9nein9, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

20200229_152525_edited.jpg
    good morning gents,happy March 1st.glad to see everyone starting their shavette rule/focus with glee and optimism,i cannot offer technical support as i don't and haven't used one,but i wish you all the best and will cheer you along as always. i am a hard top guy,not convertible ;).
    after a month of flare tips i am going back to a my favorite group of gillettes : The New series of open combs with a new/tech hybrid in the mix and an open comb tto or 2 for good measure.will also be including an early tech here and there to see if they really shave as well as an oc..kind of a mixed bag but that's what i do..gillette blue box platinums will be the mainstay this month and i will try to find their breakdown point -been binning them at 5-7 shaves.soaps will be razorock products this month as i really like them but want to dial them in more.usual array of brushes and whoala -my March Madness..the best part is hanging about here,improving my photography/set up/shave skills and shenanigans :D with the finest crew around.
    THE SUNDAY SHAVE..started with the 1940 gold tech/platinum combo as it is one of the best tech shavers out there,well any prewar is actually,built a fantastic santa maria del fiore lather in the 50s fire king bowl with the sunburst synthetic brush.and got a fine near bbs in 2+ passes.now my "+" pass is a little more buffing when using techs to start with,but that will change a shave or 2 in..santa maria aftershave to finish.awesome.have a fine sunday everyone..:)

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

My first month with pain sticks I quickly learned to extend the time I needed to shave by double. At least when starting out. I also started lathering only one side of my face at a time. By the time I'd finish the first side the lather would be bone dry on the other. As things progressed the time shrank back to near normal and I could start working my whole face at once again.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Wonderful shave and report, Gary! Love the color coordinated picture!

19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Great shave Gary!
    That's proof, no matter what you use,
    it can be a wonderful shave.
    Just smashingly good!
    tp

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

There's a reason I have a few Sweeney Todd images. I learned shavettes too. :angry032:

9nein9, Norcalnewb, Trigger and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.