March 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave Danny,cool razor.keeping an eye on your plating progress..good luck ..:cool:

JACarbone, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

YW Danny...

3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Gary. The power supply got here today....waiting on nickel and I'll be good to go.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

tuesday
    new sc
    platinum
    yaqi silvertip
    wm,neumann
    john varvatos

[​IMG]

hello gents,playing with more stuff i haven't used in a bit.
    forgot how good the neumann soap is.
    fabulous 2 passer in the usual manner
    awesome

:eatdrink047:

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Great shave and a beautiful razor Gary.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.my second favorite new series razor.:):eatdrink047:

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you for the shout out Joe. Looking forward to another month of fine shaves which will include the newly acquired Shake Sharp. Who knows, I might even try a dome shave with it.

Trigger and brit like this.
  8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Barry.

Paul Turner, Trigger and brit like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Which Bill Neumann soap is that, Gary? I'd better order some beforee long, I think.As you know, I have the Heartwood&Signature 1907 aftershaves.

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

it's the signature 1907 hard soap.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  11. Paul Turner

I think ALL of Bill's soaps are hard-right?

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

I am looking forward to your thoughts on the ShakeSharp. Just remember that you have to stack 2 blades for the best results. Also, I would take apart the blades after every shave because you will find hair and soap in between the blades.

brit likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

yes,but he sell creams as well.:)

Trigger, JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Paul Turner

I know....the squirt creams. Aaaah, I'll work with the soap...I already have ONE hard soap, but from Razorock(Lime).

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

98315A92-AA5D-4EED-AA0C-758DA56A2B21.jpeg

SRS # 649

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: AA Gen Takahashi Tokusei
    Brush: Sawdust Creation Studio Inferno
    Lather: Los Jabones de Joserra Gredos
    Aftershave: Los Jabones de Joserra Gredos
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    First straight razor shave in the last 10 days. Fantastic results with my only Japanese straight. I have about 8 shaves left before this soap meets up with the Edmund Fitzgerald. It is a good soap but I will not repurchase as it is too expensive with the shipping from Spain.

I hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

16. Trigger

Awesome first shave of the month Joe. Excellent color coordination with the setup.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    JACarbone and brit like this.
  17. Trigger

March 1 SOTE

Good evening!

Unfortunately, I didn't take a pic because I started out doing a headshave and after completing the shave; it was then that I decided to do a faceshave.

Rockwell 6C (6)
    Mühle DE Blade (4?)
    Omega Pro 49 Boar Brush
    Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus SS
    Stirling Bay Rum AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 25 hrs
    Dome Growh: 3 days

I have to say that Fine Accoutrements makes a great, slick lather, but the scent is very light. I have kept this soap in my shave mug so that any scent that was present is now nonexistent. The Rockwell 6C was my 2nd razor that I purchased and it still is a great shaver. It is difficult to cut yourself shaving with it and I consider it to be medium on the aggression scale. It is a great headshaver as well. 3 passes on the dome with some pickups and 2 passes on the face gave me BBS results without any errors.
    The alum feedback was negligible. Finished with the application of the witch hazel and the Stirling Bay Rum aftershave. I feel refreshed. Take care.

MrDaniel's, JACarbone and brit like this.
  18. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

March 1 Focus Shave - Cold Water

Razor: Rex Ambassador
    Blade: Silver Star
    Soap: Barrister & Mann Paganini's Violin

I was getting desperate for a March Focus, and tonight I was inspired at the last moment to select Cold Water shaving for the month of March. I live in the sunny southeast, and the cold water is actually quite warm once the weather heats up. There is at least a hint of chill in the cold tap right now. The shave was not uncomfortable or unpleasant in any way; only a slight shock during initial face washing, but I was well adjusted by rinse-off. It is a little weird to feel the cold metal of the razor, but not a problem Shave was smooth, and I am irritation free afterwards.

If you have not tried B&M's new omnibus soap base, I recommend it. A unique lathering experience, and the most remarkable post-shave feel. I could not resist the recent release of Paganini's Violin and Passaflora. I read the following description of Paganini's Violin posted by someone on another forum:

To me, it has a familiar, romantically haunting tone, reminiscent of waking up the morning after after your first real date with your first childhood sweetheart, still smelling the perfume she wore (though it is fading) on your hands, because you held her‘s throughout the entire movie. That is what Paganini’s Violin smells like, to me. It’s youthful, but elegant. It’s subtle, but hints of it last all day. Simply brilliant.

How could I resist the opportunity to be magically transported to the early 1980s and all of the exuberance and promise of youth? I have used Paganini's Violin twice now, and, well boys, I confess it wasn't magical or even emotional. Don't get me wrong, it is really nice, but mild and subtle. I am not at all disappointed in the soap. I am only sad about its inability to evoke poetry and the thrill of youthful innocence. I guess that's a lot to ask of a $19.99 tub of shaving product.

MrDaniel's, brit and Trigger like this.
  19. Trigger

Excellent shave and post Eric! It's been recently since I have started to shave with warm water. However, I still like cold water shaves because I find that I don't get much irritation, if at all. The Rex Ambassador is a nice razor that's for sure.

ewk likes this.
  20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

[​IMG]
    Yaqi Telstar on Yaqi stainless steel handle.
    Feather blade (4).
    Yaqi Bunny synthetic shave brush.
    Yaqi Musketeer Rapier shave soap.
    Timeless shave bowl.
    Royal Copenhagen cologne.

Happy humpday everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.