March 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Feb 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Gary

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. Hembree

I'm fine......just hanging in there!

Hope you are doing great.

3. Hembree

Thanks Joe

4. Hembree

Thanks Joe. I picked that brush up for $8.00 during a Yaqi live sale. I was not to keen on the handle at first but after it got here I really like it.

I hope you are enjoying the MOLC.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Doing good thanks, Danny. :)

6. Paul Turner

I think I have the Electric Sheep, but the Glacial persuasion, for the summer.

7. Paul Turner

Thanks much Joe....I'll get to cleaning the thing. As I say, it'll be a while before I use it again. I'm doing the Sheep soap again tomorrow, with a Stoylin brush that has always smelled good.

8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice!

brit, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I have the non Glacial in the soap and Glacial in the splash.

10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

The MOLC is great. I am keeping myself busy between house work and my developing hobby of straight razor restoration.

brit, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  11. Hembree

:happy088:

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Hembree

Thanks Joe

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool Danny.i am holding off plating mine for now.still 100% undecided..;):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  15. Hembree

Thanks Gary. I'm back and forth if I want to plate this one if my plating works out.

Take care.

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  16. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe. I agree I've deprived the blade being a 10..But i wanted to finish it's service on a high, instead of possibly ripping my ugly mug to pieces!

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  17. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Been a while since I posted but I'm back to shaving after not shaving (or getting a regular haircut) during the pandemic. Doing 1 razor, 1 blade, 1 brush, 1 soap for March.
    Timeless SS .95 OC Scallop Cap, Feather SS blade (1 blade for whole month), Paladin Vesuvius brush, MWF.

My pandemic beard which is now gone:
    A54FD0DD-2245-4F70-ACD4-18549EBEAD48.jpeg

18. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Greetings, gents

I have been using my Game Changer for a while now, and I haven't done one of these challenges in a long time. But maybe I should, because why not?

IMG_20220304_150209_714.jpg
    I will be using these starting today. I shaved maybe an hour or so ago, very comfortable shave without any issues. I think a heavier razor with a decent amount of blade feel has helped with my technique, because it forces me to concentrate.

I'll probably shave every other day, to give the brush some time to dry between uses.

Have a great day!

19. Paul Turner

This morning's shave had its good and not-so-good moments. I doused my face and neck with a little less water than in previous shaves. Strong loading work with the Sheep-done by the Pro-Handle(both Stoylins). I could see the difference as I painted the soap on. You could see the soap show better than before. Face and sideburns are nice and soft, as a result. Porcupine Alley doesn't feel nioe and soft, but it does in SOME areas. A little better North than South. Jawline is OK. Now for the not-so-good: Cactus Alley(neck)could have been MUCH better. I missed some areas around Ingrown Swamp(my new name for where the Ingrown hairs are), and had a bad cut just above the Swamp. As with yesterday, the Bill Neumann A.S. prevented more damage. The Neumann family should add "Skin Food" to its name, but they do give you the sense that it does just that in its soap and A.S. descriptions. Pretty Excellent again(the cut and astroturf down at Cactus).

brit and MrDaniel's like this.
  20. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Good morning!

[​IMG]
    Shavette Shave #344
    Dovo Shavette
    Feather 1/2 DE Blade (4)
    Stirling Boar Brush
    ARKO SS
    Stirling Coconut Lime AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: apptox 37 hrs

Got called in to the middle school so I had to do a quick 2 pass shave. Picked Arko because it readily lathers and it's slick. The whole process took me 12 min. Didn't get any cuts or irritation. It was a BBS- shave. Did my usual postshave ritual. Have a great day!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.