Mason Pearson Shaving Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Bronco, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Very true. But I pay attention to what the "old geezer" shaving geeks say. They haven't failed me yet. :D Just reporting back. ;)

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

As with many lessor known brushes they are often made by someone else and then branded.

3. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

mission of burma shave, your handle brings back memories. I have "vs" on vinyl sitting down in the basement somewhere. Pretty good record, haven't heard it in probably 15 years now.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

Well, I haven't got a lot of other brush experience to go by (just a C&E badger), but the MP does the job for me, and does it fairly well, IMO. I prefer it over the CE actually. Mind you, it's the only shaving thing my wife has ever bought me (on her own), so my judgment may be a bit clouded... Can't knock the quality of workmanship, and once I got used to the slightly harsher feel, I enjoyed using it so much that I've never wanted another brush.

James.

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Well James it's good to get a first hand experience. I believe you are the only one we know who owns one. Thanks for pitching in! :cool:

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

:eek:

::ban

7. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

LOL! I take it that you're not a "one brush" man!

James.

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

You would be correct, my friend. You won't find many of them on any shaving forum. Except perhaps Peter (DrP). No wait, he's not a one brush guy either. :D

9. brit

brit in a box

mason pearson shaving brushes.? any new views?

10. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

The Mason Pearson shaving brush handle is outstanding. Very easy to hang on to and comfortable in the hand. But the brush knots are simply not worth the high prices asked. I have a pure badger and a super badger Mason Pearson brush. The knots are simply not dense enough and have no backbone and are extremely floppy IMHO. I changed the knot to a high mountain white knot myself in one of the brushes( Pure badger) and the resulting brush is my favorite. When I get around to it I will do the same with the second brush. That is, put a High Mountain White Badger knot in it. Both Mason Pearson brushes were bought on E-Bay much cheaper than the prices being quoted here. The Pure Badger version cost $40.00 and arrived new in the box. I have not found a more comfortable handle in a shaving brush and I have not fond the same shape handle in any other manufacturers offerings. Hope this helps?

brit likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

very cool ,thank you sir..