May 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 30, 2017.

?

What is your plan for MAYhem?

1. Gonna get crazy with the group using less than fine Japanese shavettes!

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Can you say blade on a finger? I'm in!

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. I have other ideas/plans that will definitely fall into the MAYhem category.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. I'm sane. I'll be doing a rule or focus and loving every minute of it!

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  5. I'll be watching the MAYhem like watching a train wreck....is that all the blood you could manage?

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  6. Cookies. Where are the cookies?

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture. You know, an occasional reflection does provide for some entertainment value for the rest of us (or maybe the need for eye bleach).

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD May 31
    [​IMG]

Pre-war Gillette Tech
    Gillette Goal
    AnchorSet
    RazoRock XXX
    MLSW Colonia Di Agrumi

Last shave of the month. Decide to give a Tech a try for the very first time. Usually I prefer a more aggressive razor, but the Tech really delivered. The shave felt very comfortable and the Tech was surprisingly efficient. Three passes with the Tech and some great smelling XXX lather and the baby was waiting for me. Finished off with a spritz of MLSW Colonia Di Agrumi AND I was smooth and smelling great! Have a fantastic day my friends!

And if you need an afternoon pick me up, here you go!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Drygulch, RyX, George X and 17 others like this.
  3. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

So since May is coming to an end what's the 30 day plan for June?

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Fuzzy and I jumped into a pool that was low on water because you already cannonballed in with a blade taped to your finger. Way to start us out!
    I'm glad you survived with only a flesh wound. Think of it as an opportunity to practice shaving with one hand.
    Have a great 36 days of recovery.

Drygulch, RyX, Keithmax and 8 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful setup and photo Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you Clint. How do you like the Nuavia Verde?

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo Andrew. He's growing up so quick.

8. mrchick

It amazes me what some people will do in the name of competition. I posted this picture of my little wounds from Finger Shaver 2.0[​IMG]
    Adam then tries to lop off his entire finger tip. I nominate Adam for the MAYhem "Most Competitive" award

Drygulch, RyX, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:love055: :git:

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I've never tried it Doug. I have the Blu and Rossa. The performance of both are very good. The scents and post shave feel are where the soaps excel in my opinion. I take the left over lather and rub it on my face and rinsing it off after I've cleaned everything up. It serves as the aftershave and balm.

Drygulch, RyX, jtspartan and 9 others like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I'll second that.

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks Clint.

13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Thanks, you too.

14. Linuxguile

Thank you Clint! He sure his!

15. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you!

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am sure I will.

17. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

IMG_1615.JPG Guys, my 30DC LE brush just showed up from Jason @jtspartan and it is stunning! Now, we all know Jason is a nice guy and we want to be nice here, and the point of this brush is the brotherhood right? I mean Jason is just a regular guy, not a professional, and he's kept expectations low on these things, so how nice can they really be, right? Holy moly, it is just stunning! This has nothing to do with nice and everything to do with the fact that it is just drop dead gorgeous! If one of Satans minions had made it, I still would be raving about how beautiful this thing is! I don't want to put any more pressure on Jason, but for those of you not on the first mailing of 30 DC brushes, you have no idea how awesome this thing is. Pictures just don't do it justice.

Now, the reality is that the most important thing about the brush is that it's a 30 DC thing, and identifies me me to a very special group of guys. That's truly is the point and the value the of a 30 DC LE brush. It's just a nice bonus that it is an absolute "stunner" that holds its own with my most prized brush handles turned by my father.

18. mrchick

Not to rub it in or anything

Drygulch, RyX, Keithmax and 7 others like this.
  19. Linuxguile

Got an open wound? Pour salt on it!

20. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

May 31 - Something for a rainy day

Merkur 34C
    Perma Sharp (Day 3)
    French Vanilla (JR#72)
    Chiseled Face Summer Storm
    Alum/Thayers/AOS PSB

Today was another grab at a sample from the pass around box. Today was Chiseled Face Summer Storm. Not sure how to describe it other than a rainy day with a citrus twist. It was really nice and I enjoyed the scent. After having this one, I must second guess Caties Bubbles Un Jour Gris. I think they are similar but SS might have more citrus which I like. At first I thought this soap wasn't thirsty but instead it just has a rather wide range of water. It was nicely slick and excellent in cushion and thickness. This was a very good soap.

The Perma Sharp showed very little indication that this was its 3rd shave. Still very sharp and smooth. I focused hard at keeping very light touch and minding the angle. 3.5 passes yielded a BBS but the alum stung. I hope this wasn't a reaction to the soap.

Has anyone has a reaction to this or any Chiseled Face soaps? I doubt it is the soap because I have had alum burn on every shave with this blade. It would suck if it is the blade because I like its sharpness and smoothness.

It is the end of the day and my face still somewhat touchy from a 6:30am shave. Based on my experience with this soap, I am anxious to try another Chiseled Face soap. It was very good and I want to add it to my den. This might be one I will grab on my trip to Pasteur's Pharmacy in June.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.