May 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What kind of MAYhem do you plan this year?

1. I'm new and just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I'm a regular but I just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'm an idiot! I'm going to do stuff that will win a Shavey Award!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. I'm only a sometimes idiot - so might be daring, might not.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. I'm going to get me some cookies, donuts, and ice cream to make it even more fun to watch idiots!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. I'm just gonna shave. And learn how to do it better. And enjoy it more. <Mic Drop>

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2019
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Point out my next blade label from a photo.

3. Bama Samurai

4. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I want to see @wchnu ideas.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  5. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Thinking about it I want to do a focus on my I2 injector, but I reserve the right to shave my head with what ever I feel like that day.
    Shave soap will also rotate, I don't have the discipline to use the same scent soap.
    I can't wait to see what MAYhem happens!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

#13 - "Racer" ? Never hear of those.

7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I'm in for May, but I will be skirting the edge of the MayHEM. No theme as of yet but I will be breaking out the Marvy Mystery Soap. This is a container of soap which started out as a container of Marvy to see if it would perform better if it had its own closed microclimate. (It does, actually; the optimum seems to be if you can get a puck of Marvy to hydrate down to a thick cream state.) Along the way, however, the container has picked up various bits and scraps of other soaps including Neutrogena French Milled Soap and some left-over Williams. Needless to say, it will be interesting to see how it performs; if it performs at all.

8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I'm going to do a mix...all DE shaves will be with my Blackland Dart, and either Gillette Wilkinson, Gillette Silver Blue, or the Feather Hi-Stainless DE blades. These 3 blades seem to get me the smoothest shaves, with the least tuggy scratchy feel (not to mention bleeders). Software and Brushes are any from my collection.

My DE blade trial stems from going through a sampler pack or two in March and April. I know many here talk about TTT. While I agree (mostly)....as I can now with any given DE razor and DE blade, get a shave. But....is it optimal? comfortable? My thought process guides me to believe once technique is achieved, the blade finalizes and delivers the desired results, nearly every time (unless technique gets compromised, like shaving sleepy or otherwise distracted). Not unlike the saying, 'Where the rubber meets the road'.

I'll also add in a few days of MAYhem (in my world), using a Feather DX Shavette, or possibly my Puma or Henkels straight razors. Before I found TSD, I had a couple semi successful flat area only shaves with the Feather DX and Feather Artist Professional blades. Had ordered a shavette blade sampler pack, and the straights. TSD and 30DC slowed me to focus on DE shaving, as I realized I was fully in scatter brain information acquisition overload (pretty normal for me).

And of course I'll be watching other's MAYhem....I read a good bit of the May 2018 thread. Can't wait to see the progression of MAYhem 2019!

9. Bama Samurai

Done.

10. brit

brit in a box

how bout the "laser" sir..

11. ordinaryshaver

So, having given much thought to this thread throughout the day, I have decided to do something so outrageous, so daring, so reckless and carefree that it will be sure to break barriers this month.

I'm going to bloom a soap, bowl lather, and use cold water for a shave!
    Whats that you say? That's not outrageous enough? You obviously don't know me well enough then. Stick around, watch and see, after all, what's the worst that could happen?

12. Bama Samurai

Got it.

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I like where this is headed. That's my standard operating procedure right there!
    Curious to see your choice of soap and razor.

14. ordinaryshaver

I'd figure that if those things don't draw the ire of sir Fuzzy, then using one of those new fangled 2 sided things might.

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Careful if you hand him your beer guys......it may or may not be as full when he returns it as it was when you handed it to him.

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I knew I felt footsteps approaching behind me.

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm in for MAYhem with my Mongoose, and I'll be doing all my shaves left-handed. That's right. 100% left-handed. I'll try to dig up some weird cartoons as well. In the meantime, I thought I would move my Bride and all my earthly possessions down the road to another house.
    3.jpg

18. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I'm in for May. I plan to use some of my neglected items. Soaps and creams: my Italian frankensoap hasn't got much love lately and it's been months since I enjoyed a shave with a TOBS cream for example. Razors: random picks from the back of the rack. Same for brushes and aftershaves.

For MayHem, I might dig out my two shavettes again (the Magic and the Parker SRX). Or not. And the chintzy little plastic paint scraper with the Gem SE blade will probably reappear.

That's about it for me. No real plan...

19. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

May 1st shave

To kick of Mayhem I went with the vampire razor, this razor has a scary point and always take wickedly sharp edge. Fortunately today is a holiday so I could take my time. I also finally finished of this tub of Crowne and Crane, excellent soap and lasted forever but I give a small edge to his tallow version.

Today also kicks off EDBIO with a M&F blonde badger.

Sorry but no blood and the shave was epic.

Irritation A+ Closeness A+ Smoothness A+ Sharpness A+

Razor: Robert Williams Purist
    Strop: Herold Russian
    Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
    Pre: Proraso
    Soap: Crowne and Crane
    AS: Fine Vetiver AS, Speick ASB
    Scent: Roja Dove Vetiver

ID - 1.jpg ID - 2.jpg

AlDm, MR41, Paul76 and 20 others like this.
  20. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Now I know exactly one person besides myself with Rainbow. I like them enough that I bought 1k when the price was right. ($5/100 at the old shoeboxshaveshop.com.) Love to hear your thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.