May 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What kind of MAYhem do you plan this year?

1. I'm new and just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I'm a regular but I just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'm an idiot! I'm going to do stuff that will win a Shavey Award!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. I'm only a sometimes idiot - so might be daring, might not.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. I'm going to get me some cookies, donuts, and ice cream to make it even more fun to watch idiots!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. I'm just gonna shave. And learn how to do it better. And enjoy it more. <Mic Drop>

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thanks, Andrew.

Trigger, Hembree, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

464686E9-61D8-4C19-ABA9-B0C742D473AA.jpeg
    May 20th

Early morning shave. Late afternoon post. Reached for the Henkels today. It was getting lonely. 3 pass DFS shave achieved, but that took some work. Henkels was the first honing I did, and it shows. Last shave was Saturday night, with the Panasonic (foil style). This morning the Henkels was tugging, skipping, and tons of audible feedback on the first and most of the second pass. This was after 100 laps on both the cloth and leather strop. It'll go back on the 12k before I try to use it again.

A little bit of enabling...saw Andrew had the Cella AS and just had to have. Love the Cella SC aroma, and the AS, while different, compliments it very well. Even the family said it was awesome this morning. Think sweet Proraso Red AS, but not quite as long lasting.

The Zenith Boar did a wonderful job creating oodles of lather with the Cella SC.

Hope everyone had a great day!

3. Frijolero

Thank you, Gary.

4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Love the picture, Blair!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Trigger, Hembree, b1hart and 5 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very Nice Rick. Love the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Wow, beautiful shot Blair!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

7. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic sir..

8. Frijolero

Thank you, Jim.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Gorgeous photo Blair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger, Hembree, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  10. Frijolero

In the US a lot of rice is grown on what were once cotton fields. The arsenic is from the pesticides used against the boll weevil. Most Americans don't eat rice often enough for it to be a concern. It's a more of a problem for people who eat it a lot.

Not exactly the same, but not all that different. Plantains are always cooked, even ripe to the point that skins are black. To me, they can be a little dry when they are super green. Better if they are showing at least some signs of yellow. When they're all yellow with some black, it's time to slice and fry them for breakfast!

11. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

In the Caribbean they call them "green figs". I had 9 different kinds of bananas growing in my garden before hurricane Irma.
    A few cooking, a few sweet.

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

MAYhem 2019!!!

May 20

bops small.jpg

Razor - Feather DX Artist Club (Pain Stick)
    Blade - artist-club-small-professional-blades.jpg (1)
    Soap - Stirling Glastonbury small stupid sheep.jpg
    Brush - Jayaruh #54
    Post - Alum

Ok, back in the saddle as far as I can tell. The sunburn is under control (mostly), I'm walking normally again as my muscles have stopped aching and I'm tired of looking at that scruff in the mirror. I'm not even sure it's my scruff. Mine was always black. The one I've been wearing has been mostly white. What the........?!?!?!?! Anyway, time to make it go away.

Definitely a pain stick shave with 5 days growth. The Feather DX is, in my opinion, the top of the line, at least in my collection. Add a fresh Feather Pro blade and it's a lethal weapon in the shave wars. I need something slick yet soothing for the continued redness on my face. Something with some dead sheep fat in it. Glastonbury from Stirling. Perfect. The make sure I have plenty of lather? A Jayaruh synthetic. The 400 clone. Nice.

It took an extra bit of effort to get the entire scruff covered and ready to go. I haven't shaved this much off of my face in a very long time. Pass number one with the DX was mostly effortless and definitely very smooth. I was quite impressed how easily it took care of my beard with that first pass. The second pass was XTG and at the end of both passes I was at a high end DFS with no real reason to continue on. The face feel was awesome with the sheep mutton involved and I called it good. Ran the alum over it all and found no heat. A couple of tiny hot spots at the goatee line but those don't count. Very, very nice return to shaving after five days off. I couldn't help but think about MAYhem and how this kind of an effort would have counted as MAYhem for me a few years ago. Pain stick with a super sharp blade? Dangerous stuff and with a heavy beard growth - twice as dangerous. Now it's a routine two pass and call it good shave. Should I say it or will you? Ah heck, let's say it together.............
    TECHNIQUE TRUMPS TOOLS!! And that's the TRUTH! Have a great evening!!

May 20 2019.jpg

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Clint! I thought my skills were maxed out, but Charlie @wristwatchb paid my tuition for the classes. Then these young guys show up and out do me every time. You have a combination of great outdoor backdrops, nice gear, and camera handling ability I hope to achieve.

14. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Thank you for the replys I have seen a few before and thought they were cool. Good to know they can still be used.

Trigger, Hembree, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Mine is more the blind squirrel. I take many pictures of each setting just to end up with the one I choose.

Trigger, wristwatchb, RyX and 7 others like this.
  16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:happy096:

Murica!

17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Excellent picture, Joseph!

Trigger, Hembree, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  18. Norcalnewb

Beautiful picture, Clint!

Trigger, Hembree, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Clint!

Trigger, Hembree, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.
  20. Norcalnewb

I am in Pullman. A vendor of ours is headquartered here, and we are having our electrical network meeting at their office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.