May 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What kind of MAYhem do you plan this year?

1. I'm new and just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. I'm a regular but I just want to watch the rest of the idiots be idiots!

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'm an idiot! I'm going to do stuff that will win a Shavey Award!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. I'm only a sometimes idiot - so might be daring, might not.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. I'm going to get me some cookies, donuts, and ice cream to make it even more fun to watch idiots!

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. I'm just gonna shave. And learn how to do it better. And enjoy it more. <Mic Drop>

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Mayhem 2019
    [​IMG]
    Eufros Kasbah~~Morris & Forndran (a.k.a. The Varlet Killer)~~Dovo 91
    SR #92

It's fitting, that I received this soap and balm from a serviceman overseas.
    I dedicate this shave to him and particularly to all the fallen, who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
    I pray that this serviceman returns home safely, to live a long and healthy life, free.
    Once again, I have to sing the praises of Manuel, creator of Eufros soap and balms.
    Kasbah, while not his newest formula, is still an amazing soap. So easy to lather;

accepts H2O gratefully and combines superlative lathering properties with a scent, while not
    overwhelming, so interesting, masculine and refreshing, that this shaver can ask for nothing else.
    The 26mm M&F fan knot leaves such a swath on your face, it's as if it was a 30mm!

The tips are much whiter than they appear in this picture.
    This shot is better
    IMG_5746.jpg

This is pre-Sears/100% Sabini Finest knot and it holds a very prestigious place amongst my brushes.
    Beehive handles are nice to hold. They fit snugly between your thumb/index and middle fingers.
    Lather was wettish and shiny and the passes with the Dovo 91 were uneventful.
    I have to restrain myself from going over the same area on my face too many times.
    I hear the "buttering toast" sound not go away and my urge is to continue to work the blade.
    This only happens ATG and occasionally XTG, depending upon where on my face.
    Alum was particularly quiet and the Thayer's abstained from commenting as well.
    The Kasbah balm is very rich in emmollients, so it goes on very slickly, but absorbs quickly into the skin.
    The scent does not have a very long "staying power", so reapplication or a EdC might be called for.
    Primo...out.

b1hart, AlDm, RyX and 7 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 26, 2019
    Tatara Masamune OC
    Feather
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    MdC Original
    Myrsol Agua Balsamica

[​IMG]

Inspired by @Primotenore shave, I decided to go with MdC Original in all its intense lavender glory. The soap loaded and lathered easily. Like Joseph I keep adding water slowly while face lathering until I ended up with a rich slick lather. I decided to go with a two pass shave this morning with an ATG pass as the first pass followed by a XTG pass. Minor buffing on my lower right neck ended with a perfect drama free BBS shave. A splash of Balsamica and I am ready for the day. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

b1hart, BaylorGator, AlDm and 10 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful shave and photo Joseph. Did you score the Eufros LE soap yesterday?

4. Primotenore

Article Team
    Great shave and I find the lavender scent of MdC to be refreshing. It's amazing how our (my) tastes change as we grow into this hobby. MdC is a much better soap than I used to think. Have a great day, Clint!

5. Primotenore

Article Team
    Yup! :)

Frijolero, Trigger, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

May 26
    Good morning, guys!
    I just completed my 75th SR shave!
    Dovo Best SR
    Semogue OC Badger
    Stirling Bay Rum SS and AS
    Modessa Witch Hazel
    Clubman Styptic
    Did my usual 2 passes and touchups. I got 2 weepers and no irritation. One weeper disappeared on its own The other one needed styptic and witchazel to stop it. Achieved an IBSS+. I took my time and relished shaving with the fantastic Bay Rum scent. Finished with the matching aftershave.
    Result: Grade 94 = A
    Have a terrific Sunday fellas! 20190526_080344.jpg 20190526_080344.jpg

b1hart, AlDm, Keithmax and 9 others like this.
  7. Primotenore

Article Team
    Great shave today, Joe. Stirling Bay Rum smells really good.

Frijolero, 9nein9, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Of the three MdC scents I have tried, I prefer the scent of MdC Original. Like you I find the intense slightly medicinal lavender scent to be refreshing. I don't think its the best soap in any one area but I seem to always get fantastic shaves when I use the soap.

Congrats. I missed out on the release.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave and photo Joe.

9nein9, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  10. Trigger

Great shave and post, Joseph! Yes, it is true that we think our shave isn't close enough when we still hear the stubble. Sometimes, an in betweener smooth shave w/o irritation is the best you get for that shave. It's all good because you determine the quality of your shave and that is all that matters.

11. Trigger

Thanks, Joseph! Stirling Bay Rum is indeed a fine scent!

12. Trigger

Thanks, Clint!

9nein9, brit, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Clint. Keith @Enrico did an awesome job building it..fantastic brush..

Keithmax, RyX, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

fantastic shave and kit sir..

clint64, Primotenore, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  15. Trigger

Nice shave, Robert!

clint64, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

lovely shave sir..

17. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir..

18. Trigger

Jim, necessity is indeed the mother of invention. Now, that she is hooked on Schick blades, you are going to have to buy more blades and hide your allotment. Lol!

Keithmax, clint64, RyX and 5 others like this.
  19. Trigger

Thanks, Gary!

clint64, brit, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  20. Trigger

Keith, very nice shave, pic, gear and post!

Keithmax, clint64, brit and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.