May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Thursday shave: More German steel, Dovo Masters a 6/8 full hollow was the blade of choice. The brush is an Elite Razor silvertip with Onyx handle and the software is Electric Sheep. Lot's to love about this shave including the results. A few spritz of Penhaligon's Hammam Boquet and I am out the door.
    IMG_0486.jpeg

Friday Morning: I had an early appointment so I went with my Rocnel-G, my favorite Gem blade holder. The Simpson Chubby 2 worked the Stirling soap over and everything was on point for an epic shave. Tom Ford Italian Cypress for a cool and rainy day.
    IMG_0491.jpeg

2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I love that version of the Masters.

I occupy myself making ‘stickers’ these days. I don’t think I personally have actually produced that particular Tom Ford label, but I might work with the guy that did. Sorry, I always look at that kind of stuff.

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nice shave, Andrew. The Fine Vetivers are nice. "Green" being a clone of Vetiver de Guerlain and "Fresh" Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. Quite different.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    To my fellow TSD denizens:
    I have been noticeably absent as of late from this thread. I took my mother to the hospital a week ago and she has been there ever since. During that time, I had to pack up her independent-living apartment; arrange for a mover; secure a new abode with more health care; and execute the move, which was completed yesterday. I decided to take a leave of absence from work to find the extra time. Hopefully, my mother will go to rehab today for an open-ended stay, which will give me an opportunity to set up her new apartment. For those kind comments that I have failed to acknowledge, please understand. I will be taking a hiatus as this thread's ring leader for June, and would like to offer my thanks to our friend Charlie for stepping in. I will still find time to shave and post, because that's what I do.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

All the demo is just about done Danny. The only demo remaining is the removal of the wallpaper. They are removing the wallpaper on Tuesday and Wednesday. We have all the items for the bathroom here but the free standing tub. It should be delivered next week.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Danny and Joe.

Hembree, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  7. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Joseph, I am sorry for the life struggle to care for your moms needs at the moment and hope it settles down soon and your mom recovers as well as can be expected. Best Wishes

b1hart, Hembree, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  8. Dave in KY

Friday May 28, 2021
    Razor: Penn (Non-Adjustble)
    Blade: Schick B20 Injector (1)
    Brush: Trotter Handcraft Scoville/Synbad
    Soap: Stirling Blood on Steel
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Aqua Velva
    Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 933

I have a Penn Adjustable coming that I may or may not be able to get a modern blade to work in but this Non-Adjustable model is easy to set an Injector blade at your desired level of aggression. I noted the angle was a challenge for some areas to get for example the wtg (North to south) close under my nose but subsequent passes in other directions took care of any stubble. Got a nice close shave and would consider this a mild shaver if paying attention. Maintaining the proper angle allows you to buff and do multiple passes to clear the stubble and end with stellar results. Another win for a Vintage razor that can be used today with modern blades and a nod to my Birth State of Pennsylvania. Have a great day Everyone !

IMG_20210527_212803653.jpg

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Joseph I am so sorry to hear of the medical issues with your mother. She is fortunate to have a caring son to help take care of her. I hope that your mother recovers quickly. Do remember to take care of yourself during this time. Take care.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Excellent photo and shave report. Congrats on another cool vintage razor.

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  11. Keithmax

That would make it even better if there is a TSD connection.

12. Keithmax

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 28, 2021
    iKon B1 OC
    Feather
    Semogue Mistura Taj
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Myrsol Antesol Aftershave
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT

[​IMG]

Happy Friday Everyone. I had a fantastic Fat Friday shave this morning. The Semogue Mistura whipped up one of my best lathers with MWF to date. The lather was rich and thick. Three passes and touch ups tucked the baby in with out a fuss. A splash of Myrsol Antesol and a spritz of Habit Rouge and I feel ready for the day. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

14. Dave in KY

tenor (6).gif

15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Prayers from my family to yours, Joseph.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Take all the time you need Joseph. Sadly this is a part of life many of us have or will face in our lives. My mother now resides in a special care home. Although heartbreaking to see her lose independence at least she is getting the care she needs. Take care :)

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Nice combo Dave :)

Hembree, JACarbone, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great shave Clint :)

20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Ja! Guten Keith !!:)

Hembree, JACarbone, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.