May 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary!
    Great shaves, gents!
    No problem! I hope you will enjoy it if you decide to make some! Stronger versions of sima exist too, but they are usually close to mead.

Oh and there is a light version of sima too. Take a bottle of vodka, drop in a raisin and drink. :D

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

How's this for my avatar? My Gillette Slim is my favorite adjustable. I shave with it on 7 or 9.
    DSCN3715a.JPG

MR41, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

perfect..i will follow along..;):eatdrink047:

4. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

This is the razor I used this morning for a closer looksee.
    This Parker 87R is another of my favorite razors. I may use this one for a few days. Nice weight and feel in the hand. Nice to look at too! The Parker blades work well with this razor. Platinum Stainless blades came with it.
    DSCN4048.JPG DSCN4046.JPG DSCN4047.JPG :)

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just hope they don't give me the NEW Spice jingle-y'know, just the closing part, played by a piccolo. Might have to be specific. I'll need some help for sure, but perhaps I can figure it out muhself. Thanks for the birthday wish :).

6. Paul Turner

Thank you, Daniel. :)

7. Paul Turner

Castle Forbes is the one that opened before George Washington was President, right?

8. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

9. brit

brit in a box

10. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Yes, a very Happy Birthday to you, Paul!:bounce017::greet002:

11. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

12. Paul Turner

Thank you @Hogie! No denying it now, I REALLY AM a senior citizen(65).

13. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Great shaves Jeff! The DeHaven Razor uses the same auto sharpening mechanism as the G E Jones ShakeSharp. I downloaded this video featuring it. The problem with the DeHaven was that you only can use proprietary SE blades. The guy here shows how to bypass this problem by despining a DeHaven blade and cutting a DE blade to fit the specs and installing it into the spine. I am glade our GE Jones ShakeSharp takes regular DE blades without going through this process. I would start at the 7:33 mark to see the similarity of both razors unless you want to see the entire video.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  14. brit

brit in a box

i have the lavender but,i have little aftershave wise that pairs with it..note to self-maybe should have gotten the lime..;)
    any aftershave suggestions would be extremely helpful..:):eatdrink047:

15. Trigger

That is a nice razor and it makes for a great avatar.

16. Trigger

Hi Joanna @Queen of Blades, Barry @palmolive fox has had great success with Feather blades and he really enjoys them. He is a great guy from the UK, but he does not have a CT (Custom Title). I propose that it should be The British Birdman.

17. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have only tried their Lavender shaving cream but, I have looked at their after-shaves. I am thinking about trying some at some point. For now, my favs are the Proraso or the Pinaud "Clubman"

18. brit

brit in a box

nice stuff..:):eatdrink047:

19. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

If I wanted something that would not cover the smell of the lavender, I would probably use Proraso Sensitive balm which has almost no scent. My skin is so much better now that I use balms on my face after shaving. I will have to be careful now that summer is almost here. I ride my bike and the balm might make the dirt stick to me better! LOL
    :transport016::bounce017:

20. Trigger

MR41, Paul Turner, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.