May 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I opened my May shaves(and the 65th year of my life) with:

Dial 4 Men Bodywash(RECHARGE-Cedar and Leaf)in shower
    shave-Central Texas Soaps'(Down At The River)
    brush-Crown King(Duro Spindle Tali)
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue)

Very pleased with the shave. I was reminded that this Central Texas Soaps is showing a part of the field, whereas there remain some fans in the stands.I might move the fans out of the stands and onto the field(@Trigger's "Chemical Experiment"), to help hasten the exit of this(don't get me wrong-I love Central Texas Soaps). Solid paint job of the soap across my face and neck. The razor glided (is it GLID, GLODE?)over the soap in good comfortable fashion). No cuts, 2 Knicks, No polka-dots. The Knicks were harmless. Good work down at Cactus-usual story, that being I left Ingrown Swamp alone. Porcupine came out great. Let's call this one Outta This World Excellent(yeah I know-the Knicks were there, but as I say, no harm was done).

2. brit

brit in a box

the proraso balm is nice stuff.i like the wood and spice version from their single edge line.nice in the winter months.
    [​IMG]

3. brit

brit in a box

awesome birthday shave Paul.blue plate specials and seniors discounts from here on in..chasing blue hairs at the piggly..;).life is good..:eatdrink047:[​IMG]

4. Paul Turner

Thank you for the live performance-the current team did a fine job with it!!!!

JACarbone, Trigger, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  5. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Very nice, both of you!

I'll join the new avatar gang if you guys don't mind.. ;)

6. Paul Turner

Blue Hairs??? Ahh, I can always PRETEND to be youthful. :). Couse I hope I don't end up like George Burns.."He said I'll never again....turn the young ladies' heads".

JACarbone, Trigger, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  7. MrDaniel's

Excellent shave, Paul!

8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great Tech shave kit as always. Examined the “completely rebuilt” TR6 transmission this morning while the bride was at church. Both the front and rear shaft main bearings are bad. In answer to my grandson, Kevin’s question this morning, “Hey G-Pop, is the main shaft supposed to have this much play?” Oh well, that’s why the good Lord invented Single Malt! First negative feedback I’ve ever given a vendor on the main auction site. When I contacted the vendor that’s where they directed me. Even gave me the auction listing. I started worrying when they sent my transmission to Utah and the Utah guy’s MG trans. to me. I’ve ordered the replacement bearings. One of my friends will help get it right. He had his own auto business. We retired the same year, 2012. Life’s certainly never boring!

JACarbone, Trigger, brit and 2 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Thank you Daniel.......I'm happy to have this CTS for spring/summer. Great setup for Aqua V.

JACarbone, Trigger, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

awesome and welcome..;)

11. jgreenepa

:bounce017::greet002::bounce017:

12. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I find that all too often, Murphy likes to toss a wrench in the works for good measure. Like me dropping my front fender and damaging the paint on it pretty good. That made me a bit upset.

13. Paul Turner

Thank you Jeff :).

14. jgreenepa

Thanks, Gary! If you check my Den listing you’ll see I’ve accumulated a few over the years! I fell so far down the rabbit hole I couldn’t see daylight! Unfortunately, I only use a few of my safety razors. I do cycle through my straights. Enjoy your Sunday!

15. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jeff.that really sucks.brit stuff is so much harder to find in good shape.i am sure your friend will thoroughly go through it and build it properly.ask the vendor to cough up some coin.;)

16. MrDaniel's

Well that sucks.

17. jgreenepa

Thanks, Gary! I need to do the same with my safety razors. I use only a fraction of them, although I do regularly cycle through my straights.

18. brit

brit in a box

Hugh Hefner maybe?:D

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

i know you still love and use your silversmith..;)

20. Paul Turner

I have 10 more years to worry about Burns' song lyrics. ("Three-quarters home, from the start to the end").

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.