May 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Jeff, I may be misremembering! I have so many dang razors; I’m sure I may have confused them. At 75 the old memory cells aren’t what they used to be. I do have you to thank for putting me onto the Shake Sharp as well as the Speed Shaver. My two favorite vintage noggin shavers.

JACarbone, jmudrick, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  2. jgreenepa

Thanks, Daniel! I like the way you think, young man! ;)

3. jgreenepa

Great shot, Gary!

4. jgreenepa

That one went right by me, Paul???

5. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! I’m familiar with the DeHaven! Used to have one.

6. jgreenepa

As a big lime fan, the only scent that doesn’t give the bride migraines, I can attest to it being killer. I prefer Royall Lyme to the CF Lime Splash.

7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Gary.

8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous shave Barry.

9. jgreenepa

Way to kick off both your birthday and this month! Great shave!

10. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Fitting 65th birthday shave Paul! Welcome to the Medicare Club! By the way, I should have recommended getting something that contains salicylic or glycolic acid to help you clear up your razor bumps. I would go directly to your pharmacist and ask for the best and efficient product to combat razor bumps. Don't ask the cashiers or the inventory shelf stockers.

11. jgreenepa

At this point in life old “Murph” and me are good buddies! :angry017:

JACarbone, MrDaniel's and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

Well you got to say that the company is consistent with getting their bearings crossed. Lol! Seriously, you don't need a double whammy from this company.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    JACarbone, MrDaniel's and jgreenepa like this.
  13. jgreenepa

Already did, Gary! He either gets the funds either PayPal or Venmo to me by Wednesday or the threatened negative feedback and scam complaint to EBay happen. We’ll see?

JACarbone, MrDaniel's and Trigger like this.
  14. jgreenepa

Yes it does, but Que sera sera!

15. jgreenepa

You’re spot on there, my friend!

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

very cool.thank you Jeff.iv'e seen the royall lime before..:):eatdrink047:

17. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

18. Trigger

May 1 SOTD

Good afternoon!

20220501_123532.jpg

Shavette Shave #360
    Dovo Shavette
    Personna Hairshaper Blade (3)
    Barbury Synthetic Brush
    Gentlemen's Nod Zaharoff Signature Series SS and AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 27 hrs

I wanted to start the month with the razor that started my straight razor journey. This much maligned shavette has been a great shaver to me because I have always gotten consistent great shaves with it. Today was no exception. Two passes without touchups gave me a very nice shave.
    Unfortunately, the GN Zaharoff Signature Series soap leaves much to be desired.As I have previously mentioned, I bought the hype on this soap and I was disappointed with it. The soap's scent is very faint and it produces a non-voluminous and very low structure lather. I will say that it is very slick so that I can get a nice shave. I bought this soap for 29 dollars and to me, it is a bust. It's probably more now with inflation. Fortunately, it has a large donut hole so I will be using it more frequently until it is gone. I guess you would say it is another Edmund Fitzgerald project.
    I got very little feedback from the alum and finished with the witch hazel and the matching aftershave. Oh yes, the matching aftershave is also a disappointment for me also. Have a great day!

JACarbone, Hogie, MrDaniel's and 2 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

fine start to the month Joe.too bad about the software..i have spent around $200 on bum shaving stuff over the last 3 or 4 years.all due to hype also..i've learned to listen to the locals using stuff here..many of my greats have been inspired from the den..:):eatdrink047:

20. jgreenepa

A fabulous “true” shavette shave using the tool the name was first developed for! Sorry the software wasn’t what you’d hoped for, but the shave made up for it! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.