MAYhem 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 30, 2018.

?

What's your MAYhem look like?

1. Gonna use some brand new gear that I've never tried and just have FUN with it!

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I'm thinking of pairing some gear together I've never paired before.

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Time to go full dark side and learn straights - this is the month to bleed after all.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. A total bloody mess may be in my future - stand by!

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  5. I'm playing it safe and eating as many cookies as I can.

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

An awards show with technical difficulties. Have they called you to produce the Oscars next year? Miss Universe?

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Focus in red.jpg
    I refuse to watch any televised award shows on major networks until they have an awards show specifically for awards shows. Then I'll know which ones are a good waste of time. ;)

3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

But, what if they give the award for best award show to the wrong award show.....would that matter since they were all award shows or would they have to reaward the award to the winning award show, therefore making the losing award show an award short?

FaceScraper, Primotenore, RyX and 9 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

The Dark Side taught me that skin stretching is the key to an irritation free bbs shave.

Reminds me of the 6 million dollar man, I hope your recovery stays on track.

Glad to see posting again.

5. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

May 31st
    Schick E3
    TGN Synthetic / Mahogany
    TSE Beach Bum SS
    Alum
    Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Sq AS
    9057FD5C-B2BC-4DF0-9812-0D9691402848.jpeg
    Finally got a chance to post. Did shave first thing this morning with my long-neglected TSE Beach Bum. I guess it is more of a summer scent so it spent the winter at the back of the den. Excellent lather bowl-lathered with the TGN and a very pleasant 2 1/2 pass shave with the efficient E3.
    MAYhem for me was primarily the use of my CJB Pain Stick for the first half of the month and my PAL Injectomatic at times in the latter part of the month. I’m more comfortable with the CJB now- no expert, but most days were gash free. The PAL is actually losing a touch of its meatgrinder status.
    I have no idea what I’m doing for June yet.
    Have a great evening all!

6. jtspartan

Again, an awesome recap and calendar pic, Clint. I actually had no idea you used Nuavia on sundays until seeing this!

7. jtspartan

Yikes! I trust you are feeling ok though, John?

Drygulch, jluc, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Jason!

Drygulch, jluc, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Now that is a classy lineup and picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drygulch, RyX, jluc and 5 others like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason. I decided to use the Blu on each Sunday so that I can finish the soap by year end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jtspartan

Great looking set up again, Jim! The Karve is now cemented on the list.
    Alligator-cutting awesomeness, Andrew! That’s a crisp looking photo for sure.
    What a great collection of set ups, Adam. Your new Kami looks super cool and I’m intrigued about the Jeeves Fougere. I didn’t even know he made one.
    I agree on the MonoBilt- what an awesome razor.

12. jtspartan

Thank you, Clint. The soap was rock hard after not being used for probably 7-8 months, but lathered like a dream (without sousing/blooming/soaking...)

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I soak, souse, bloom or whatever most of the soaps I use. Always have, just like my dad and grandfather.

14. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Mayhem - Thursday May 31

Gillette SensorExcell (3)
    Simpsons CH2 Synthetic brush
    Vitos Eucalyptus shaving cream
    Alum and Osage Rub

For my last shave of Mayhem, the Gillette twin-blade cart took on a multi-day stubble (three I think). The cart showed a tendency to get clogged up with whiskers but otherwise performed quite well. Two passes got me to a DFS with no weepers and no irritation. The cart still seems to be smooth andsharp, so I will continue to use it.

I don’t honestly remember a lot of what I planned or tried to do for Mayhem. I did a shave with a paintscraper. I also revisited my very first cart razors. I have some blade longevity tests running with a Personna injector blade in my Supply Co. injector and with carts in my Trac II and SensorExcell. And I worked on using up my tub of Vitos Eucalyptus shaving cream. Most of it ended up delayed by my leg injury.

I think June for me will be Just Shaving June. I will kill off the tub of shaving cream, finish the blade longevity trials, and then see where things take me. Mostly, I will just focus on enjoying shaving.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great recap John. Glad to see that you are feeling much better and posting.

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Jason!

17. Screwtape

Yeah, I am feeling fine actually. The leg doesn't hurt at all as long as I am carefully moving it. The main problem is the nuisance factor of having to hop everywhere using crutches. And not being able to drive. But as far as any pain or anything, I have had sprained wrists or ankles that hurt far worse.

18. Screwtape

Thank you, Clint. See you over in June.

19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20180531_211143.jpg 20180531_211159.jpg
    Q:What do you get when you cross a shoehorn with a razor blade ?
    A: My last shave for Mayhem
    Wasnt the best but wasnt the worst either . This was a very fun month for me . Started with a bang and ended with one too. Loved seeing everyones inventions and all the great shave pics too. Tough competition there . Thank You to everybody for their comments and questions about my insane shaving thingamabobs . This forum is a really enjoyable place not only to learn technique but it also made me grow as a shaver . When i joined here I was afraid of a double edge razor and now I have the nerve to shave with anything that looks like it could cut hair .

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
  20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

May 31st
    Razor: Gillette NEW LC
    Blade: Astra SP
    Brush: Jayaruh boar #151
    Stirling mentholated pre shave
    Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
    Thayers Lavender
    AS: Fine Lavender

Good evening friends! I hope everyone is well!

New razor in the house! Thanks to the generous donation by Jim @Jayaruh. Very nice two pass with touch up. Very smooth razor with almost no blade feel compared to what I have been using this month. I was surprised to get any feedback from the alum. Much lighter razor than what I'm used to using. Just a nice shave to end the month!

Soap and aftershave inspired by @Primotenore.

See you all next month!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.