Mean Streak

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Omaney, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I admit it. I can be petty. Our company is a shave daily company. This is a requirement because of PPE. We have so many millenials that show up with a day or two ( or more) of growth that we keep a bag of disposable razors in a drawer. My turn came up to make a razor run and I said to myself, "Self? How can we make this a lesson"?

I bought 2 dozen BIC sensitive for $4. I've already drawn first blood on my first victim. He had two days fair warning. He was miserable after a no prep, canned gel, BIC shave. I almost felt sor....no I didn't.

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

What is PPE?

3. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

I'd send them home to shave and dock their pay accordingly, first offense. Things would escalate from there.

4. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

personal protection equipment

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Exactly.

6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'd go this route but these guys have customers expecting them.

7. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Here! Here!

Douglas Carey likes this.
  8. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Hell I'd spring for a company R41 loaner and the best can of goo money could buy (dollar store) if I could watch.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Every time you hurt a Millenial you get 15 points.

10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy102:

Carbide Mike likes this.
  11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Winning...

12. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Thing is, would daddy be there to shave them? Or would you be getting phone calls from "helicopter mommy" about treating her little angel so harshly?

Don

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Carrot & Stick? Some folks need the hard lessons to fall in line, others get it quickly when they understand it is for their own good.
    On the third hand, you have the obstinate types that will buck the rules thinking they are the exception. Reverse psychology time? Build a loaner kit to keep at your shop. A decent mild DE razor, mild blades, easy to use cream, witchhazel. If they must shave tease them with the best they ever had. You just might gather some disciples and create converts to wet shaving.
    explain understand.jpg

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You could always just schedule a fake bio accident on the day they come unshaven. Sometimes, experience is the best teacher.

Keithmax, RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  15. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Is it required of the women with facial hair? Seriously, my wife has an aunt with a lot of whiskers on her chin and a sister with a mustache.

RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

If they can braid it, the company will pay for free laser treatments.

17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since that's come up. But yes...no facial hair

18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

They should be drawn and quartered! just kidding, but it seems like these young punks have no respect nowadays.

19. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I would write them up officially with signature required. Placed it in their folder.

Third offense in a six month period you are on the street.

Always document well when it comes to personnel action.

20. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. I'd give them the "shave now" option once with a verbal warning. After that, would be a written warning stating that future violations would lead to further
    disciplinary actions including dismissal. Be clear. fair, and consistent on your expectations. Usually one written warning will tend to send a message to all offenders.