Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

A super duper Grand Freeze!

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Shark day 6
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

My face is absolutely frozen solid from this shave - even the mentholated pre shave soap from Stirling is nice and chilly, the Glacial Electric Sheep soap’s scent is exactly the same as the regular version - a lovely blend of lemon, citronella, and eucalyptus, the mutton tallow formula gives it magnificent lather, the menthol sensation is off the charts, and the skincare is brilliant. The Prep added lots of extra cooling, soothing care, and the Rubby Dubby Doo froze me lots more. For me no fragrance can beat the Bleu de Chanel - everyone who smells it on me says it’s gorgeous. Three passes left me smoother than silk!

Have a good week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A custom made Grand Freeze for me!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/new Wilkinson Sword
    MSC Wintergreen SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Wintergreen AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

Notice that there are no labels or graphics on the soap tub or aftershave bottle because they’re not on the market - they were custom made for me but I honestly think that they would be top sellers for anyone who loves intense menthol like I do. They both have the identical beautiful wintergreen scent as the Stirling Glacial Wintergreen, the soap is also tallow based, the lather is also exactly the same rich, creamy, super slick type, the menthol sensation is so potent that it passes the Glacial Wintergreen, and the skincare is so brilliant. The Prep provided so much moisturizing with lots of soothing, and the Wintergreen aftershave is witch hazel based, it has the same gorgeous scent as the soaps from Fernando and Rod, not to mention it’s the coldest aftershave on Planet Earth - yes, even colder than B&M Arctique. My new Wilkinson Sword blade helped me get a perfect three pass BBS shave that I enjoyed immensely!

[​IMG]

3. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Not quite a Grand Freeze but still pretty cold!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Wilkinson Sword day 7
    MSC Frosted Bay Rum SS
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

Another awesome shave with one of the nicest soaps I ever used in my life - thanks so much Fernando!

[​IMG]

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Blue Tip (C4) Razor
    Gillette Nacet Stainless Blade
    Surrey Boar Brush
    Viking Revolution Peppermint Eucalyptus Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Yehuda D, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  5. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Wilkinson Sword day 13
    MSC Peppermint Lime SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Peppermint Lime AS Splash

Not quite as frigid as yesterday but still colder than cold enough to satisfy my menthol cravings - the scent of this Peppermint Lime soap and aftershave is so beautiful. It’s exactly what the name implies - a blend of peppermint and lime although I must say that the lime dominates the scent but I can still catch the peppermint notes. The soap is tallow based like all of Fernando’s treasures, the lather is so thick, rich, mega slick and protective, the menthol sensation is great, and the skincare is so soothing. The Prep and the Peppermint Lime aftershave completed the job perfectly. Three passes left me so BBS - this shave was so brilliant!

Have a great week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

6. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

What a great Grand Freeze this was!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/Shark day 6
    MSC Frosted Spearmint SS
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint ASB
    MSC Frosted Spearmint AS Spray

When my brothers Rod and Fernando produce soaps and aftershaves they put all the right ingredients in them as well as a lot of love. Rod’s mentholated pre shave soap is vegan based, I believe and it’s pretty much unscented, it’s pleasantly cooling, very slick, and it gives very good moisturizing. Fernando’s Frosted Spearmint is a tallow based soap and a real South African diamond, its spearmint scent is so beautiful - it fills the bathroom while you’re lathering up and shaving, the lather is so thick, rich, mega slick and protective, it has a fantastic menthol sensation, and the skincare is so brilliant. Rod’s Glacial Spearmint balm feels icy cold, it has the same beautiful scent as the Frosted Spearmint soap, and the moisturizing along with the soothing are both awesome. Finally, Fernando’s Frosted Spearmint aftershave is so frigid not to mention how lovely it smells. The Wilkinson Sword razor is so efficient - what a cracker of a shave this was!

[​IMG]

7. brit

brit in a box

monday
    60s brit 1 piece
    platinum
    tuxedo
    stirling

[​IMG]

8. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

The Mother of all Grand Freezes!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/Shark day 13
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

Any colder than this and my face would have disintegrated - this Glacial Electric Sheep packs such a lethal menthol punch, the scent is absolutely beautiful just like the regular version - it’s a blend of lemon, citronella, and eucalyptus, it’s the first and only mutton tallow based Glacial soap so you get fantastic lather that’s so rich, super slick as well as protective, and your skin will feel like it’s born again. The Prep enhanced the soap’s great skincare, and the Floid Vigoroso aftershave went on icy cold along with its magnificent old school barbershop scent that I love so much. Three passes left me smoother than silk - what a dynamite shave!

[​IMG]

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ever-Ready 1924 WW II Service Set
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Beau Brummel #460 Boar (restored) Brush
    Arko Shave Stick
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Old Spice Shulton w/M-Bomb After Shave

20220606_122820.jpg

10. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A hell of a Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/Shark day 6
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen ASB
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen Witch Hazel
    Givenchy Gentleman EdT

The weather here is starting to warm up again so this setup was very appropriate - the Glacial Wintergreen soap’s delightful scent filled the bathroom, the tallow formula ensures perfect lather with mega slickness, the menthol sensation is killer cold, and the skincare is perfect. The matching balm and witch hazel kept the freeze going beautifully. A couple of shpritzes of Givenchy Gentleman and I’m ready to play golf with a couple of friends of mine. What a brilliant three pass BBS shave this was!

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  11. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A nice Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/Shark day 13
    MSC Peppermint Latte SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Peppermint Latte AS Splash

It felt so good to use the Peppermint Latte soap and aftershave this morning and to enjoy that lovely espresso/peppermint scent. The soap’s tallow formula is so similar to Stirling’s formulas - in fact all of Fernando’s soaps are like that. The lather of this soap is so thick, rich, as well as super slick, the menthol sensation hits really hard especially on the second and third passes, and the skincare is brilliant. The Prep delivered beautifully on the additional postshave care, and the Peppermint Latte aftershave’s witch hazel formula feels so good - not to mention how frigid it is, and the scent lasts all day. What a wonderful three pass BBS shave this was!

[​IMG]

12. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Not quite the Grand Freeze I usually have but still colder than cold enough!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 6
    MSC Frosted Bay Rum SS
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

My brother Fernando did it again - his Frosted Bay Rum is a tallow based treasure with such a beautiful scent as well as some of the thickest, richest, slickest, cushiony lather I ever experienced, a wonderful menthol sensation, and such soothing postshave care. The Prep enhanced that feeling, and the Floid Vigoroso aftershave’s delightful old school barbershop scent along with its icy cold menthol punch was the cherry on top of the cake. Three passes with my cherished Super Speed and the Wilkinson Sword blade left me absolutely BBS!

[​IMG]

13. brit

brit in a box

menthol monday
    new deluxe/karve
    7 oclock green
    tuxedo
    taconic
    rr iced lime

20220627_054349_edited.jpg

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A rare Menthol Monday for me-as Mennen Skin Bracer was the qualifier. Shave description is in SOS June.

15. Yehuda D

Happy 4th of July!

Menthol Monday:

What a great Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 13
    Bundubeard Cool as a Cucumber X 3 SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash

My brother Jaco makes fabulous soaps also - most of them are glycerine based and they have awesome scents with great lather as well as excellent skincare. There are two versions of Cool as a Cucumber and this one is the X 3 variant which has a very high menthol content that’s comparable to the Stirling Glacial soaps. The scent of this soap is very nice - along with the cucumber you also get lots of peppermint, the lather explodes off the brush, the menthol sensation hits like a sledgehammer, and it’s so skin friendly. The Prep and the Rubby Dubby Doo were a perfect finish. Three passes gave me such a dynamite BBS shave which I enjoyed immensely!

[​IMG]

16. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Monday shave with Proraso Green :)
    DSC00322.JPG

17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I had my last shave today with the Kiss My Face Cool Mint Moisture Shave. It is a pleasant minty feel and smell. I can count 62 shaves since October 28, 2013. With few exceptions, I used it on Menthol Mondays where I cycled through six or so menthol shave creams/soaps. I will not be replacing it, since I have so many soaps I have to use.

sos220704.JPG

18. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 6
    Godrej Menthol Mist SC
    Prep ASB
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS Splash

No Grand Freeze this morning because I woke up too late so I just grabbed the first thing in front of me. By itself the Godrej Menthol Mist cream is pretty cold although it’s nowhere near as cold as my other mentholated soaps, it smells quite nice, it lathers beautifully, and the skincare is pretty good. The Prep and the Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave were a perfect finish. I’m really enjoying my Tech a lot - what a great shave I had despite how rushed I was!

[​IMG]

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick
    Bunny B-400 by Tom
    TNNSER V1
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick lathered well with Bunny B-400 Badger Brush by Tom. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER V1 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

20. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Wilkinson Sword day 13
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen ASB
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen Witch Hazel
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

Wintergreen scented icicles in my face this morning - Rod brought back the Glacial Wintergreen stuff this year and I’m going to stock up on it because it’s really a top favourite of mine. The soap is magnificent - it’s got a wonderful beef tallow formula so not only do you get amazing lather, there’s so much slickness to it, the menthol sensation is so intense, and the skincare is perfect. The matching balm and witch hazel have that same lovely scent as well as that same bone chilling freeze. Three passes left me ultra BBS - another brilliant shave that was so enjoyable despite my tearing eyes!

[​IMG]