Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd like to announce that as of this second, @Yehuda D will receive no more Plissoft jokes from me. Why. I just ordered one from Italian Barber.(their Boxing Day sale).

jimjo1031, Yehuda D and macaronus like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette WW II Gold Tech w/DIY Handle Razor
    Personna 74 Tungsten Blade (#3)
    FS Extra Dense Two Band Badger Brush
    Vintage Avon Cream Shave Soap w/M-Bomb
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Yehuda D and brit like this.
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

What a great Grand Freeze!

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Goodfella 3 Piece/Astra Green day 10
    MSC Frosted Bay Rum SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Bay Rum AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

Oh la la this Frosted Bay Rum soap and aftershave are not only frigidly cold, they have the most GORGEOUS bay rum scent I ever experienced in my entire life. It’s so spicy and clovey the way bay rum is supposed to be. The soap’s tallow formula gives it such wonderful lather that’s so THICK, RICH, creamy and SLICK, the menthol sensation starts to pummel your face right from the get-go, and the postshave feeling is so comfortable. My brother Fernando is a veritable Grand Master of soaps and aftershaves. The Prep is my favourite balm and for a good reason - it’s so cooling, moisturizing, as well as soothing, and the Frosted Bay Rum aftershave is witch hazel based so it never stings or burns, it has the same awesome scent as the soap - it’s so intensely cold and the Aramis has always been a top favourite fragrance of mine. I’m enjoying my Goodfella so much - even though it’s such a mild razor it gave me another magnificent three pass BBS shave that was lots of fun!

Have a great week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, macaronus and brit like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

What a Grand Freeze!

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Goodfella 3 Piece/Astra Green day 3
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

Wowzer, is this Frosted Lavender soap ever bloody FRIGID and so is the matching aftershave. The scent is so gorgeous also - it’s classy, old school lavender. The soap is a tallow based treasure with terrific lather that’s so thick, rich, slick, and protective, the menthol sensation it gives is not for the faint of heart - in fact it’s easily a match for any of the Stirling Glacial soaps, and it leaves such a wonderful postshave feeling. The Prep is another South African beauty, and the Frosted Lavender aftershave is witch hazel based so it never stings or burns, it has the same delightful scent as the soap not to mention how it freezes the daylights out of you. Madame told me that she loves the Aramis on me so that’s a big bonus. Three passes left me smoother than silk - another purrrrrfect shave!

Have a good week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, brit and macaronus like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

menthol monday
    brit red tip/platinum
    yaqi ruby
    ethos
    proraso green

[​IMG]

macaronus and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

What a Grand Freeze!

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Goodfella 3 Piece/Astra Green day 10
    Stirling Glacial Citron SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Citron AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

Beautiful citrusy scented icicles in my face from the Glacial Citron soap and aftershave - I enjoyed it so much. The soap lathered like a champ thanks to my gorgeous Yaqi Barber Pole synthetic, the lather was so rich, creamy, mega slick as well as protective, the menthol sensation hit me like a ton of frigid bricks, and the skincare was superb. The massage with the Prep felt heavenly, and the Glacial Citron aftershave gave me its lovely scent with an additional two boatloads of frigid menthol. Finally a little Aramis and I’m good to go. Another awesome three pass BBS shave that was such joy!

[​IMG]

7. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A tremendous Grand Freeze!

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Astra Green day 6
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS
    Prep ASB
    Fine Snake Bite AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

If a setup like this doesn’t freeze your face off then I don’t think anything will - this Glacial Obsidian soap is a menthol atom bomb with a gorgeous black licorice scent, the tallow formula works wonders at promoting such fantastic, SUPER SLICK lather, the menthol sensation is insane, but the skincare is numero uno. There’s nothing like a nice massage with the Prep to follow up, and the Snake Bite aftershave froze the living crap out of me. Lately I’m really loving the Aramis - every time I wear it the wife gives me big kisses and hugs. Three passes gave me a cracking good BBS shave that was so enjoyable!

[​IMG]

macaronus, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Super Menthol Monday:

My Custom Made Grand Freeze!

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Astra Green day 13
    MSC Wintergreen SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Wintergreen AS Splash
    Fahrenheit EdT

As you’ll notice there are no labels on this soap container or aftershave bottle because these two items were custom made for me by my dear brother Fernando from Master Soap Creations in Johannesburg, South Africa. This soap and aftershave are absolutely IDENTICAL in scent to the Stirling Glacial Wintergreen which has always been a top favourite of mine - in other words the scent is a delight, the soap is tallow based like all of Fernando’s soaps, the lather works up so thick, rich, MEGA SLICK as well as cushiony and protective, the menthol sensation……..all I can say is that it kicks the Glacial Wintergreen or the Chiseled Face Cryogen in the tukhis, and the skincare is brilliant - whenever I use this soap my skin feels like it’s been born again. The Prep always gives me terrific moisturizing with lots of soothing, and Fernando’s Wintergreen aftershave kills the B&M Arctique when it comes to menthol power. The wife loves the Fahrenheit on me and you know what - so do I. Another wonderful three pass frigid BBS shave that brought “tears of joy” to my eyes!

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, macaronus and brit like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

@macaronus , you'll have to ask @Yehuda what my Plissoft joke to him was. I can't bring muhself to repeat it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    Yehuda D and macaronus like this.
  10. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A true blue Grand Freeze!

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Rapira day 6
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Polo Green EdT

This setup is not for the faint of heart, believe me. Rod’s Glacial Electric Sheep soap is such a menthol atom bomb with the same delightful lemon/citronella/eucalyptus scent as the regular version, it’s the first and only Glacial soap with a mutton tallow formula which gives it such perfect lather with so much slickness as well as such wonderful skincare. The Prep and the Snake Bite aftershave were a super duper finish. Three passes with my Canadian Tech/Rapira combo knocked off my tough morning stubble - what a brilliant BBS shave this was!

Wishing everyone a good week - be well and stay safe!

[​IMG]

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

menthol monday
    brit new rfb/platinum
    bbj 10098
    proraso green

20230206_091953_edited.jpg

jimjo1031 and Yehuda D like this.
  12. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

The Mother of all Grand Freezes!

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Canadian Tech/Rapira day 13
    Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo SS
    Prep ASB
    Christian Dior Fahrenheit EdT

Guys, seriously this type of setup is only for those who are either able to tolerate intense menthol or for masochists because it’s absolutely off the charts. The Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap is magnificent - the scent is so delightful - it’s Sharp Dressed Man or Creed’s Green Irish Tweed with two boatloads of some of the most powerful menthol I ever experienced, the tallow formula gives this soap such beautiful lather, the freezing sensation hits immediately not to mention how each pass makes it stronger and stronger, but the postshave feeling is so comfortable. The Prep increased the comfort level by giving me lots of extra moisturizing and soothing while the Snake Bite aftershave added its own special menthol goodness - it’s pretty much unscented so it can’t interfere with any fragrance I wear. Three passes delivered a sensational BBS shave that was such a pleasure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

13. jimjo1031

British Gillette HD500 Razor
    Personna 74 Tungsten Blade (20)
    FS Ex. Dense Two Band Badger Brush
    Monsavon Au Lait Shave Cream w/M-Bomb
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Shulton Old Spice After Shave w/M-Bomb

Untitled.jpg

brit and Yehuda D like this.
  14. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

What a great Grand Freeze this was!

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade AS Splash

My Yaqi Barber Pole churned up such fabulous, frigid lather from the Glacial Strawberry Lemonade soap and the beautiful scent filled the bathroom. The strawberry notes are more prevalent but you can still definitely detect the lemon ones and the menthol sensation jumps on you right away. Besides making your face feel almost numb, this soap leaves such a soothing, refreshing postshave feeling, the Prep is like magic for anyone with sensitive skin because it cools, soothes, and moisturizes beautifully, and the Glacial Strawberry Lemonade aftershave not only freezes the crap out of you, its gorgeous scent lasts ALL day - even my wife loves it on me. My trusty Canadian Tech/Rapira combination gave me another dynamite three pass BBS shave which I enjoyed from start to finish!

Wishing y’all a great week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

15. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Hot shower
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Delmy SC
    Prep ASB
    Henri et Victoria Bergamot Vetiver AS Splash

Not as freezing cold a setup as I would normally select for a Menthol Monday shave but still cold enough to please me. This Delmy cream is also from India like the soap version and it’s apparently very popular in Indian barbershops. It has a nice clean scent with aloe vera notes, it’s very easy to lather from just a couple of dabs on both cheeks, it’s really quite cooling -in fact it’s more mentholated than I expected, and it’s VERY gentle on the skin. Needless to say the Prep soothed, moisturized, and cooled my skin so well while Claude’s Bergamot Vetiver aftershave went on icy cold and it smells so nice. This Rapira blade is getting kinda dull but I still managed to get a great three pass BBS shave with it!

[​IMG]

16. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A superb Grand Freeze!

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

My face is so frozen from all this menthol that I think it’s going to take all day to thaw out. The Glacial Electric Sheep is such a treasure - it’s the first and only Glacial soap with a mutton tallow base - its delightful scent (to me) filled the bathroom, my beautiful Yaqi Barber Pole churned up such fabulous lather, the menthol sensation was insane, and it left such a comfortable postshave feeling that the Prep enhanced, and the Rubby Dubby Doo gave me lots of additional icy cold goodness. Finally a little Aramis and I’m good to go. Another awesome fun filled three pass BBS shave!

Wishing y’all a good week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

17. brit

brit in a box

menthol monday
    m-4 flare tip/platinum
    tuxedo
    proraso green

[​IMG]

Yehuda D and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. jimjo1031

Schick E3 w/DIY Handle Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Rubberset #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Victory Shaving Champaign Lady Soap w/M-Bomb
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Shulton Old Spice w/M-Bomb

Untitled.jpg

Yehuda D and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

menthol monday
    new deluxe/platinum-3
    mr.ee #002
    m & m

[​IMG]

jimjo1031 and Yehuda D like this.
  20. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday!

Today’s Grand Freeze is brought to you by:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash

OMG, if this shave was any colder my face would’ve fallen off - the menthol power from this Frosted Lavender soap and aftershave is totally insane. The soap’s tallow formula gives it such fantastic lather that’s so thick, rich, MEGA SLICK and protective, as soon as the brush makes contact with your face the menthol sensation jumps on you, and the skincare is so awesome just like all of Fernando’s products. The Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel hardly has any scent but it’s so soothing and comfortable for sensitive skin like mine, the Prep is a godsend for it also, and the Frosted Lavender aftershave is also witch hazel based, it has the same delightful scent as the soap, and it’s absolutely FRIGID. This thirteen day old Rapira blade helped me get another brilliant three pass BBS shave but it’s getting tired.

Wishing y’all a good week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]