Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

The Mother of all Grand Freezes!

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/new Astra Green
    Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo SS
    Prep ASB
    Fine Snake Bite AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

Back to my fantastic Astra Greens for now because I love them so much. They’re so sharp yet so smooth and they have excellent longevity. The Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap’s gorgeous scent filled the bathroom, the lather buried my face, the menthol sensation froze the daylights out of me, and the postshave feeling was wonderful. The Prep added so much moisturizing, cooling and soothing, while the Snake Bite aftershave brought the freeze to another level. Last but not least the magnificent Bleu de Chanel fragrance and I’m ready to enjoy another day of retirement. Three glorious passes gave me a dynamite BBS shave that was so much fun!

Wishing you all a great week - be well and stay safe!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

An awesome Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Astra Green day 8
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

If this setup doesn’t freeze your face off then nothing will because it’s so damned intense. My dear brother Fernando whipped up such beautiful winners with this Frosted Lavender soap and aftershave. It’s the most gorgeous lavender scent I’ve ever experienced, the soap is a tallow based treasure with magnificent lather that has so much slickness, the menthol sensation is so potent that it easily matches any of the Stirling Glacials, and it’s so soothing for sensitive skin. The Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel has very little scent but it feels so good, and the Frosted Lavender aftershave is also witch hazel based so it never stings or burns, it has the same delightful scent as the soap, and it freezes like there’s no tomorrow. Last but not least the beautiful Bleu de Chanel fragrance and I’m going to kick some ass at the golf course today. Three passes did me proud - another brilliant BBS shave that was fit for a king!

Wishing y’all a great week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Menthol Monday Shave(8-14):

prep-NiveaMen Bodywash(Fresh Ice)-in shower
    shave-Gillette Series Gel
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Osage Rub

I didn't know quite what to expect from this gel goo, as it has charcoal as an ingredient), but it was comfortable. Should feel better during colder days. It combines nicely with the Osage Rub in summertime. First time I've used Gel in a long time-I forgot its squiggly appearance. Alll areas checked in well. Zeroes across the board on cuts, Knicks, Polka-dots. What a nice relief that Osage is!!!! As Outstanding As It Gets(for the overall shave).

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
    Tea Tree Body Bar
    Jayaruh #444 Synthetic
    Parker Variant
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub

The Tea Tree Body Bar lathered well with Jayaruh #444 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Parker Variant Razor and a Gillette Silver Blue Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and then Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, Yehuda D and brit like this.
  5. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday - a mildly cooling shave:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/new Astra Green
    Bielita SC (from Belarus and very nice)
    Prep ASB
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS Splash

Not a Grand Freeze, in fact far from it. The Bielita cream is from Belarus and it’s very popular in Russia as well as in Kazakhstan and Moldova . The scent is kind of flowery so it’s definitely not old school barbershoppy but it’s pleasant enough, the lather whips up so thick, rich, slick as well as protective, it’s mildly but pleasantly mentholated, and it’s very skin friendly. The Prep and the Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave completed the job beautifully. The Junjie loaded with a brand new Astra Green blade ensured a great two pass BBS shave that I really enjoyed!

Have a good week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A most delightful Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Astra Green day 8
    Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

Do I ever love this Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap and I wish Rod would bring it back because it’s absolutely MAGNIFICENT. The scent is so gorgeous - it’s Sharp Dressed Man with two boatloads of frigid menthol, the tallow formula gives it such fantastic lather with so much slickness, and the skincare is A1. The Prep delivered so generously on the postshave care, and the Rubby Dubby Doo as I call the Osage Rub put another layer of icicles in my face. Finally the heavenly Bleu de Chanel fragrance and I’m ready to enjoy another restful day of retirement. Three glorious passes gave me such an awesome BBS shave that I enjoyed so much!

[​IMG]

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem Junior Razor
    Gem PTFE Blade
    Halloween B'Day w/24mm Tuxedo Knot Brush
    Lea Soap w/M-Bomb
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    M&L Florida Water w/M-Bomb

Untitled.jpg

brit likes this.
  8. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/new Astra Green
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade AS Splash
    Yves Saint Pour Homme EdT

Whenever I use this Wilkinson Sword DE I have to be more careful because it’s somewhat more aggressive than my other razors but it still performs great. The Glacial Strawberry Lemonade soap and aftershave are two menthol atom bombs with a most delightful scent that I really enjoy - the strawberry is the more dominant feature but the lemon still comes through, the soap lathers like there’s no tomorrow, the menthol sensation is strong enough to freeze a polar bear out of the arctic, and the skincare is numero uno. The Prep gave me such wonderful postshave care, and the Glacial Strawberry Lemonade aftershave froze me to smithereens - it’s beautiful scent goes very well with the Yves Saint Laurent fragrance that my wife’s aunt gave me as a gift a couple of years ago. Three glorious passes and I’m dolphin smooth - what an awesome shave this was!

Wishing you all a great week - be well and stay safe![​IMG]

Paul Turner, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Pal Injecto-Matic Razor
    Schick Injector Blade
    Wontshed #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Love My Skin Sailor's Spice Soap w/M-Bomb
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Shulton Old Spice After Shave w/M-Bomb

Untitled.jpg

brit likes this.
  10. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Wilkinson Sword/new 7 AM
    MSC Peppermint Lime SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Peppermint Lime AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

Maybe not as grand a Grand Freeze as I would normally have on a Menthol Monday but still very cold as well as refreshing. My dear brother Fernando’s Peppermint Lime soap and aftershave smell beautiful - the scent is exactly what it implies - peppermint with invigorating lime. The soap’s tallow formula promotes such awesome, slick lather, the menthol sensation is at around an 8/10 on my Menthol Scale, and the skincare is so soothing. The Prep and the Peppermint Lime aftershave were a great finishing combo. Finally the lovely Aramis fragrance and I’m ready for the new week. These 7 AMs are pretty good blades - this one helped me get a brilliant three pass BBS shave!

Wishing you guys a great week - be well and stay safe!

[​IMG]

Silvestris and brit like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

-Menthol -Monday-
    new sc
    semogue
    lost fort
    mountain man

[​IMG]

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

One helluva Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/7 AM day 8
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen ASB
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH
    Brut Deodorant Spray
    Brut EdT

My face is going to need just about the whole day to thaw out after this heavy duty menthol bombardment - even the L’Oreal facial wash has some menthol in it although it’s relatively mild. The Glacial Wintergreen scent to me is beautiful - it really filled my bathroom when I was lathering up with the soap, the menthol sensation pummeled my face from the second the brush made contact, each pass felt colder, and the postshave feeling was so comfortable. The matching balm and witch hazel added lots of extra iciness as well as soothing. I actually enjoy the Brut fragrance a lot because it’s so old school and even barbershoppy. Three glorious passes did the job for me - another tip top BBS shave that was fit for a king!

[​IMG]

Silvestris, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A delightfully scented Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade SS
    Prep ASB
    Stirling Glacial Strawberry Lemonade AS Splash

This Glacial Strawberry Lemonade soap and aftershave are not only frigidly cold, the scent is so delicious. The strawberry is the more dominant feature but the lemon comes through also, the soap’s tallow formula gives it such awesome lather that whips up so easily, the menthol sensation is killer cold, and the postshave feeling is so comfortable. The Prep is my favourite balm since a few years for a very good reason - it’s so moisturizing as well as soothing, and the Glacial Strawberry Lemonade aftershave went on with its gorgeous, long lasting scent and such an intense menthol kick. Three passes with the new Derby blade gave me a perfect BBS shave that I enjoyed from start to finish!

Have a great week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh and brit like this.
  14. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

The Mother of all Grand Freezes!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Derby day 8
    Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

Holy Icicles Batman - this Glacial Electric Sheep is one helluva face freezer with a beautiful scent, terrific lather with so much slickness thanks to the mutton tallow formula, the menthol sensation is killer cold, and the skincare is superb just like all of Rod’s soaps. The Prep, together with the Rubby Dubby Doo completed the job perfectly. Finally the magnificent Bleu de Chanel fragrance and I’m ready to enjoy another relaxing day of retirement. This was another great three pass BBS shave that was so much fun!

Wishing you all a good week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

Silvestris, Jayaruh and brit like this.
  15. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A beautifully scented Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/new Derby
    MSC Frosted Lavender SS
    Prep ASB
    MSC Frosted Lavender AS Splash
    Aramis EdT

Oh la la, am I ever frozen - this Frosted Lavender soap and aftershave are two menthol atom bombs with the most gorgeous lavender scent I ever experienced. My dear brother Fernando in Johannesburg, South Africa is a veritable soap and aftershave master and these two products are treasures. The soap’s tallow formula is so similar to Stirling, the lather is sumptuous and so slick, the menthol sensation is so intense that it easily matches any of the Glacials, and the skincare is brilliant. The Prep and the Frosted Lavender aftershave were a perfect finish. Finally the lovely Aramis fragrance and I’m ready for a new week. Three passes with the new Derby blade gave me a cracking good BBS shave that was such a pleasure!

Have a great week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

Silvestris, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos231127.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap
    Burma Shave Boar Brush
    PAA Bakelite Slant
    Pro 500 Super Platinum
    CWR
    Hendrick's Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub

The Fine Snake Bite Shave Soap lathered well with the Burma Shave Boar Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the PAA Bakelite Slant and a Pro 500 Super Platinum Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Hendrick's Witch Hazel and then Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

A monstrous Grand Freeze!

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Derby day 8
    Bundubeard Cool as a Cucumber X 3 SS
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash

My dear brother Jaco in Pretoria, South Africa is another soap master - he makes two versions of this Cool as a Cucumber soap. The X 3 is so intensely mentholated that it easily competes with any of the Stirling Glacials, it’s glycerine based and it closely resembles the Yeti Snot soap but it smells so much nicer and does it ever give thick, rich, super slick lather with so little effort, the menthol sensation can chase a polar bear out of the Arctic, and the postshave feeling is very comfortable - completely unlike the Yeti Snot which left my skin a bit dry and irritated. The Prep moisturized and soothed my skin beautifully while the Floid Vigoroso aftershave went on icy cold along with its gorgeous old school barbershop scent that I love so much. Three passes gave me a fabulous BBS shave that was such a pleasure!

Have a good week - enjoy your shaves!
    [​IMG]

18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos231204.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #447 Synthetic
    Supply SE Injector
    Supply Black Label Blade
    CWR
    Humphrey's Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub

The Eskimo Tuxedo Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #447 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Supply SE Injectorr and a Supply Black Label Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Humphrey's Witch Hazel and then Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

can polat, Yehuda D and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

-Menthol-Monday-
    rubberset
    vito's
    stirling

[​IMG]

can polat and Yehuda D like this.
  20. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday’s custom made Grand Freeze:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/new Derby
    MSC Wintergreen SS
    Stirling Glacial ASB
    MSC Wintergreen AS Splash
    Givenchy Gentleman EdT

The reason why there are no labels on this Wintergreen soap tub and aftershave bottle is because they were made exclusively for me by my dear brother Fernando in Joburg, South Africa. The scent is the same beautiful wintergreen as the Stirling Glacial type, and this soap is also tallow based, it gives the same awesome, slick lather, but the menthol sensation is so bloody intense that it actually passes the Glacial Wintergreen - wowwwwwww. The Glacial Wintergreen balm gives a tremendous amount of menthol freeze also with lots of soothing and moisturizing. Fernando’s Wintergreen aftershave is the COLDEST I ever used - it makes the Arctique from B&M feel almost insignificant. Finally the Givenchy Gentleman fragrance which my aunt gave me as a birthday gift a few years ago and I’m ready for the new week. Three passes with the new Derby blade gave me one lulu of a great face freezing BBS shave that only a menthol monkey like me could enjoy and appreciate!

Have a good week - be well and stay safe!
    [​IMG]

can polat and brit like this.